• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
We love Rosemary Beach over Seaside as it is less busy and congested. We usually stay in the Seacrest area and visit the other areas. You cannot go wrong in SoWal! Enjoy your time in paradise!,

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Compare the attached maps. All at the same scale.
West to East:
Watercolor doesn't have a lot of parcels south of 30A. And look how far you could be from the beach.
Seaside doesn't have many parcels south of 30A, and the traffic is crazy.
Seagrove has a lot more parcels south of 30A, yet so close to the amenities of Seaside without the chaos. That's why we built our home there.
Rosemary has a lot of properties south of 30 A, and even north of 30A there is okay because the traffic isn't crazy there. It has plenty of amenities if you don't want to drive anywhere during your week.

I didn't mention Watersound. A great place for owners who don't need to rent, but you as a rental guest would be driving elsewhere a lot to meet your needs.

That's why we always stay in Seagrove Beach: close to EVERYTHING without all the traffic!:D

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
Seacrest subdivision might be ideal! It is next to Rosemary. You can easily walk there or ride bikes. There is a tram that will pick you up at your door and shuttle you across 30A to the beach! The pool at Seacrest is 12,000 sf!!!! It's huge!

ronnadavis2

Beach Comber
Sep 2, 2009
Seacrest
The walk to the beach is super easy. It isn't hard to cross 30a at all. Our house on the North side is actually a shorter walk to the beach than a lot of the houses on the South side because the beach access is straight down our street. Also we are next door to the Cabana Pool and the Barbados Pool is one block away on W Water St on the way to the beach. I would read the comments from past renters for each property to help you decide. Some houses have been on the rental market a long time but they dont have any renter comments; I always wonder why. I think the best thing about our house is it is super clean (each renter gets freshly washed bed linens including the duvet cover and pillow shams) and how private it is with the walled and gated private courtyard entrance. If you stay in Rosemary, you will be crossing back and forth on 30a regardless which side you stay on because their are lots of restaurants and stores on both sides and most are on the North side when you factor in Seacrest and Alys Beach, so I would go for the less expensive house.