• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Not intending to imply anything, but Dunelaker may feel this is the best use of his/her time and does not plan on running for anything, but the committee could a have different reason for the proposed map other than it is the best for the county. I know I was called out for calling out a fellow poster for not running for office just feel that Bob was right on that one until I saw the above post. I might have missed it, but who is on the Redistricting Committee.

One or two on the committee have and could run for office. Most redistricting committee members just sat like bumps on a log and said nothing during most public meetings other than yes to vote for plan 3D as prompted. Nice people, but not up to or prepared for the complicated job. One committee member is way too valuable for working the smoke filled backroom deals to run for office. Meeting open meeting laws, etc. would be way too inconvenient and not provide enough payback.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
The Redistricting Committee's map recommendation (3D) is being presented to the county commission at the July 12 meeting, according to the meeting agenda. The map proposal can be viewed as part of the meeting agenda on the county web site, www.co.walton.fl.us, under "Agendas and Minutes" by selecting "Commission Agendas" and then the meeting date. The meeting starts at 4 p.m. and takes place at the South Walton Annex. For a redistricting map to be adopted, both the county commission and school board will have to approve it.

Thanks for schedule. Looks like meeting starts at 4 p.m. and will be over about 5 p.m. Guess vote may even take place before public comments to commissioners on redistricting topic. Vote is most likely set, anyway. Should be enlightening one way or the other.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County commissioners vote yes on 3d by unanimous decision. Walton County grew by 15 thousand residents in the most recent US census - 90 percent in SoWal. Parts of South Walton will now fall into districts one, four and five.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Looking at the map they chose in the paper, I can see why Dunelaker has been concerned about it meeting the criteria.

Will be interesting to see what the higher ups say about it.