• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Who knew figs were so versatile and popular? I remember my grandmother had a tree and us kids used to chunk 'em at each other.

newsprint

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2007
Cut in half, put on plate cut side up, salt and either: blue cheese, goat cheese or balsamic. It's simple but let the fig speak for itself. They are incredible while the last!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Cut in half, put on plate cut side up, salt and either: blue cheese, goat cheese or balsamic. It's simple but let the fig speak for itself. They are incredible while the last!

Yep. Fab with blue cheese and maybe a touch of honey. Will try the salt too. Yum.

Chi-Bikini

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Alicia,

Am a seasonal visitor who loves FIGS! I usually scope out the neighbors trees near my parents place in Grayton and either beg or steal (not really able to borrow) :)

I'll be in town starting next Sunday the 24th. Are you selling your figs? I'd love to buy some!

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Hi Chi,

My tree seems to have produced early this year. I saw a few on it yesterday as I was coming inside. If it is still producing, you would be welcome to some for free. I'm going to try to pick some more this week. Mondays and Tuesdays are killers for me at work, so maybe I can get some Wed., and let you know how they look. I'm afraid if I had been more diligent in keep it picked clean, it would still be producing a lot, but the tree is so big, it was hard to get to them all. I'll post back if I think it will make enough to bring you some. I would at least meet you half way for you to pick them up :) Nice to meet you by the way.:wave: