• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
Anywhere you would recommend going or not going with a 3.5 yr old?

Should we try Stinky's for lunch? Any suggestions for 'last dinner' on this trip?

wadecool

Beach Lover
Jul 17, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
I'd recommend Elmo's on 30A. We have eaten there every year since DD was an infant and it is very baby/toddler friendly. They are my favorite place for seafood in Sowal.

Stinky's for lunch for a 3.5 yo or for someone 20 times that age is great.

Last trip dinner with a 3.5 yo? You know, one 3.5 yo is different than a bunch of kids. As much as kids make me nervous and make me feel out of control, I can handle one. We only had one child (wanted more, but not so lucky). We always assigned one of us as a "designated martyr" who left the table with her if it appeared that she was bothering others. By the time she was five, she had been to the best restaurants in Paris, Rome, London, Amsterdam, Luzern, Bermuda, NYC, ATL, and many five-star resorts in the US.

You're at the beach. Everything is casual. Just go where you want to go. It will be a learning experience for your child. Just make sure that you have a designated martyr. LOL.

We wanted to educate our child in fine dining, manners, and culture. We took her everywhere we went. Again, our rule was that if she bothered others, one of us would leave with her. But by the time she was five, she acted appropriately at upscale restaurants. Now she is a fabulous cook due to her experiences. Don't underestimate your children. But again, have a designated martyr to avoid bothering other diners in upscale restaurants.

If you've exposed your children to fine dining from birth, you don't need to settle for a kid-friendly restaurant your last night in SoWal.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
One child is definitely easier than multiple children -- they feed off the energy and martyr or not you'll have your hands full! Still we take our kids to plenty of nice restaurants -- just go early and be considerate of others. The beach seems to be a bit more tolerant, people understand that you don't have your trusted babysitter with you!