• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

geksaa

Beach Crab
Sep 18, 2010
+1 to public transit and buried utilities
Add Whole Foods and an Apple Store and I'd be in heaven

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
I agree with the tram, the buried cables and the seaweed and even the artist supplies stores but please NO Taco Bell, McDonald's or any fast food places!
This place is Paradise for those that visit and for those of us lucky enough to live here. Just the thought of franchise restaurants and shops that sell the cheap souvineers, like those that dot Front Beach Rd, spoiling our beautiful stretch of 30A, should make us all cringe.

I think I did buy some origami paper there once - great little shop - but I'm hoping for something with more selection someday. I will certainly go back, though.
It is a great shop, and once they find out our daughter is an artist, they get excited. Unfortunately because of what people want when they're at the beach, the store seems to be gravitating towards cool toys (and I don't blame them -- do what you have to do in this economy). Our daughter likes the cool toys and Moleskins, so she always stops by there, even though their art supplies are limited. She really likes their paper products.

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
A slightly wider bike path with a painted dividing line.

No to all fast food and chain restaurants, let's stay local and unique.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
A slightly wider bike path with a painted dividing line.

No to all fast food and chain restaurants, let's stay local and unique.

I would love a continuous asphalt bike path with center line. The current width is the same as the 2-way/centerline path I grew up with.

Ditto on the fast food and chains!

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
I agree--NO to all fast food chains and souvenir shops...would love to see the tram system on 30A. And I really, reallymiss the Gourd Garden/aka Eastern Lake Nursery.

L&PC@PW

Beach Comber
Apr 21, 2011
I wish we would stop planting or bringing non-native plants into ecosystem. Allow the native animals & plants of 30A to wander and grow as nature intended. I also would love to see developers stop scalping the earth to build another big box store or strip mall parking lot in South Walton.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Maybe more food trucks could fill the demand some seem to have for fast food.

Then instead of chains and fast food, we could have local funkiness and good food ..... fast!