• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I don't know too much about the stadium at all - just what I've read on here... there was a thread somewhere that contained detailed info, but in all the searches I did I couldn't find it. The thread wasn't titled for the stadium specifically, but did have all the info in it...

amarettodiamore

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2011
Recently learned that the teachers let go from Freeport Middle were also 4th year teachers. So the total now stands at "9" 4th years teachers that I know of.
4 teachers from Bay Elementary
3 teachers from Freeport Middle
1 teacher from Butler Elementary
1 teacher from Maude Sanders

lizinsowal

Beach Comber
Jul 24, 2009
I find it very interesting that Walton County has to cut the budget anywhere. I mean, the TDC gets the bed tax of 4.5 cents on every dollar. I know how much those houses rent for out on the beach. Put a little of the money that the tdc has and keep our good teachers.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think we should restructure the tax so the TDC gets less and the schools/roads/all my ideas get more.

The amount paid by visitors would be the same.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Scooterbug, to do that would require a big change at the state level. The collection and expenditure of bed tax money is governed by state statute. "We" cannot restructure it.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Ok, I will suggest it to Scott! We're such great buddies and he loves education so I bet he'll jump right on it!