• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Didn't I see some dingdong on here a couple of days ago saying there was another Rap (Rape but he spelled it Rap) in Seagrove and no one believed him because there did not seem to be any reports out? Well, I found this on the NWFDN site today:

UPDATE: Investigators work to identify suspect in sexual assault in Seagrove

July 21, 2011 2:38 PM

SEAGROVE BEACH — Investigators are trying to identify a suspect in a sexual assault on Tuesday.
A 27-year-old woman reported that an unidentified male broke into her home about 3 a.m. and sexually assaulted her, said Michael Morrison, spokesperson for the Walton County Sheriff's Office.
The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment and to collect evidence, Morrison said.
"Investigators are continuing to work with the victim to gather information, collect forensic evidence and determine who may be responsible for the crime," he said.
The Sheriff's Office did not release the exact location of the incident in order to protect the identity of the woman.
Walton County Sheriff's deputies are continuing to collect evidence in the murder of a teenage girl in the same area last month.
Seagrove resident Steven Cozzie has been arrested and is awaiting trial on murder charges in the death of Courtney Wilkes, who was vacationing in the area with her family from Lyons, Ga. She was found strangled and sexually assaulted in the woods off Robert Ellis Street.
"Seagrove is generally a safe place," Morrison said. "Unfortunately we had a tragedy near this incident a few weeks ago. These incidents are unrelated and purely coincidental."
On August 30, 2010, a similar crime occurred at the Villas at Seagrove Beach on County Road 30A. A woman in her 50s from Louisiana was sexually assaulted after a man entered her room during the night. A description of a suspect was obtained, but no arrests were made in the case.
Morrison said the case is still open and that it is unrelated to the assault on Tuesday.
Anyone with information can contact the Sheriff's Office at 850-892-8186.
Check back for updates.

Read more: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/seagrove-42044-investigators-sexual.html#ixzz1Smh73Zlc

Last edited by a moderator:

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Didn't I see some dingdong on here a couple of days ago saying there was another Rap (Rape but he spelled it Rap) in Seagrove and no one believed him because there did not seem to be any reports out? Well, I found this on the NWFDN site today:

UPDATE: Investigators work to identify suspect in sexual assault in Seagrove

Comments 7
July 21, 2011 2:38 PM

Lauren Sage Reinlie
Daily News
SEAGROVE BEACH — Investigators are trying to identify a suspect in a sexual assault on Tuesday.
A 27-year-old woman reported that an unidentified male broke into her home about 3 a.m. and sexually assaulted her, said Michael Morrison, spokesperson for the Walton County Sheriff's Office.
The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment and to collect evidence, Morrison said.
"Investigators are continuing to work with the victim to gather information, collect forensic evidence and determine who may be responsible for the crime," he said.
The Sheriff's Office did not release the exact location of the incident in order to protect the identity of the woman.
Walton County Sheriff's deputies are continuing to collect evidence in the murder of a teenage girl in the same area last month.
Seagrove resident Steven Cozzie has been arrested and is awaiting trial on murder charges in the death of Courtney Wilkes, who was vacationing in the area with her family from Lyons, Ga. She was found strangled and sexually assaulted in the woods off Robert Ellis Street.
"Seagrove is generally a safe place," Morrison said. "Unfortunately we had a tragedy near this incident a few weeks ago. These incidents are unrelated and purely coincidental."
On August 30, 2010, a similar crime occurred at the Villas at Seagrove Beach on County Road 30A. A woman in her 50s from Louisiana was sexually assaulted after a man entered her room during the night. A description of a suspect was obtained, but no arrests were made in the case.
Morrison said the case is still open and that it is unrelated to the assault on Tuesday.
Check back for updates.

Read more: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/seagrove-42044-investigators-sexual.html#ixzz1Smh73Zlc

Thank you for this information. I did not hear anything about this and it is good to know. I hope they catch this person.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Rather frustrating that that weird post (so strange that it was hard to take it seriously) was the only info/alert we had. One would hope there would be a press release or public safety warning.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
SEAGROVE BEACH — Investigators are trying to identify a suspect in a sexual assault earlier this week.
A 27-year-old woman reported that an unidentified man broke into her home about 3 a.m. Tuesday and sexually assaulted her, said Michael Morrison, spokesman for the Walton County Sheriff's Office.
“Investigators are continuing to work with the victim to gather information, collect forensic evidence and determine who may be responsible for the crime,” he said.
The Sheriff's Office did not release the exact location of the incident in order to protect the woman’s identity.

“Seagrove is generally a safe place,” Morrison said. “Unfortunately, we had a tragedy near this incident a few weeks ago. These incidents are unrelated and purely coincidental.”

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/seagrove-42044-investigators-sexual.html

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Why don't the police put a description of the suspect? I hope they catch the sorry son of a b........!
Ladies be aware of your surroundings at all times.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
According to the hit and run poster who reported this, initially, and never backed it up, the guy who did it was bald with gold teeth...

Or so says that guy. Was it credible? Who's to know, but he did make the post days before it hit any kind of news...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
No idea - I posted this because it was from a credible source, but they specifically said it was not related to the murder and did not give a description. Usually they give a description if they have any information.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
According to the hit and run poster who reported this, initially, and never backed it up, the guy who did it was bald with gold teeth...

Or so says that guy. Was it credible? Who's to know, but he did make the post days before it hit any kind of news...

I thought it was "bald with a gold T [shirt]...", not gold teeth, but, like you say, who's to know? That poster never elaborated on his initial, mis-spelled, sensational post, and I believe the thread was then eliminated.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
This information has been in the NWFN for the last 2 days and I was hoping someone in the area knew more details. Where, when, who, and how??

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
This information has been in the NWFN for the last 2 days and I was hoping someone in the area knew more details. Where, when, who, and how??
They already said when. On a Sig32, they ain't gonna say who and, if it compromises the identity of the victim, they ain't gonna say where.
(and lest my laptop suddenly changes my identity like it's been doing on SoWal lately, this is the nole, not the fuzz)