• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Love your report! I love Angelina's pizza!! We usually order it out the night of our arrival so no one has to shop for groceries or cook until the next day! Have you tried the new Grayton Beer yet? I am going to pick some up when I get there! :D

We had decided on pizza the first night because of the same reasons-too much rushing around!! Hadn't heard about the beer! I'll have to make a run to Publix! Thanks!

P.S. Maybe I'll still be here when you come down-I told my family that I'm NOT going back this year. Don't know where I'll live or what I'll do, but I don't want to leave!!!:nono1:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
DD, I want to have a SoWal Forum Bash! Everyone come down in the fall & get together with all the locals, can you imagine the fun?!?!?

:lol::rotfl::rotfl::evil::chill::drink::party::beach:

Monica, I love your attitude!! I need to take a lesson.
You are new to the board, but in the past, we did have Soirees. Do a search. Generally, they were in the spring and fall. It was too much funn and yes, I agree we need to do another one. There's some folks I'd still like to meet. Hmmmmm....I just might be there the weekend of October 22.

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
We had decided on pizza the first night because of the same reasons-too much rushing around!! Hadn't heard about the beer! I'll have to make a run to Publix! Thanks!

P.S. Maybe I'll still be here when you come down-I told my family that I'm NOT going back this year. Don't know where I'll live or what I'll do, but I don't want to leave!!!:nono1:

I know! I feel the same way. I never want to leave either. It just seems like I am suppose to be there. I already told my kids when they go to college if they want to see me they will have to come visit me in Sowal. They were totally fine with that! They love it too! I bet they will be home every weekend to see me! :D

If Publix does not have the Grayton beer (which I bet they do) I know that Blue Mountain Wine and Spirits carries it. I'm sure a lot of other places do to. I think the brewery is going to be open for tours and tastings sometime in the future. Not sure if they are doing that yet.

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Monica, I love your attitude!! I need to take a lesson.
You are new to the board, but in the past, we did have Soirees. Do a search. Generally, they were in the spring and fall. It was too much funn and yes, I agree we need to do another one. There's some folks I'd still like to meet. Hmmmmm....I just might be there the weekend of October 22.

DD, I have only been to mini soirees. Next time there is a big one, I am riding with you! I have always wanted to be there for one of those!! My timing just hasn't been right yet. :wave:

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Thursday: What a day, so much fun!!! We ate a big breakfast, packed some sandwiches & snacks & headed over to St. Andrews State Park & rented a pontoon boat to go to Shell Island. It was looking pretty ominous when we headed out, but it cleared up & was beautiful! We saw a few stingrays & dolphins & got lots of shells, (I even found a whole sanddollar!) The whole familia loved it-a definite again next year! We came back to the house & grilled the mahi-mahi & mingo & topped it with a mango pico de gallo, with some rice & grilled summer squash, zucchini, & mushrooms, accompanied by Watermelon Mojitos. We hurriedly did dishes & went out for our crab hunt; it's funny how our kids are in high school & college-yet they still LOVE doing this! Tomorrow is our last full day here & we are sad; the time went even quicker than usual.
Not sure what all we are doing tomorrow, but I'll keep you posted! Night, SoWallers!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Monica, a great report!!! You've enjoyed your trip to the fullest!!

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Tonight is our seafood night out, so I need to search the SoWal Forum for the best seafood restaurant off 30-A (we don't feel like going into Destin or PCB.) Anybody want to throw out some ideas, & save me the trouble?