• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Kirkus, I just noticed you're my neighbor!:wave:

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
the above are great but i'm also loving Crabby Steve's behind High Pointe Resort in Seacrest -good bar and good food from burgers to fresh grilled fish on top of very filling salads. (unless you have gate code you go in from beach side) it's outdoor only but they have good bathrooms and even an outdoor shower. also recomend buying fresh fish from goatfeathers and cooking yourself or doing sashimi with their yummi tuna!
no tucked in t-shirts required for any of these meals!

Kirkus

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2005
Colleyville, TX
Crabby Steve's sounds VERY interesting and like my kind of place. We always grab shrimp from Goatfeathers for lunch on the beach, and I've remembered to take a steamer basket this year.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Gotta do Georges at Alys Beach (Gun and Garden Magazine put their grouper sandwich on the list as one of the best things you need to eat before you die) and the Beignets at Flip Flops (though Flip Flops only makes them it seems during peak seasons, and we're usually there at off-peak seasons so we buy lots of them and we melt into our chairs and onto the ground while eating them because they're such a rare treat for us).

Okay, so I dream about Shoo Mama's burgers. Diablo, fried jalapenos, potato bun.

We were there on Saturday. Some people (who apparently like McDonald's) complained that the potato buns were too rustic. Exsqueeze me????? So as a result, Shoo Mama's changed the buns to something that is better than off-the-shelf at Publix, but doesn't compare to the potato buns.

Please express your bun preference (LOL) to Shoo Mama's.

I like their old buns. :rotfl: Seriously.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
It is all about the fries. If they are starch coated, no thanks and no go. If they are fresh cut or frozen, with no coating, I'm there. Thank you Nicks, 98 BBQ, Johnny McTighes, Maries, Flip Flops, Ballyhoo (what is the deal with Ballyhoo right now?), The Vue, Salty Sue's (PCB), Wild Olives, and even McDonald's! (Miramar).

If you are in the mood for a delicious margarita and the best salsa, chips and cheese dip ever, go to La Cocina!

Best salads on the coast - Smiling Fish Cafe'!

Best grits on the planet? Great Southern Cafe'! they have good begneits too!

Burgers & oysters? Shoo Mamas!

Gumbo? 98 BBQ and Christianos! different gumbo styles but both so good!

Delicious all around? Louis Louis!!! wonderful nightly specials.

Best Greek ever? Aegean in Miramar Beach. They also serve breakfast and typical American fare - all very good.

Best Italian? hard to pick! I love Fat Clemenza's, Little Italy, Borago and Christianos!

Best pizza? I have no idea - too many good ones here to even begin to narrow down.

Last edited: