• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Lower Class people? Really? Did you just say that?????

Are you kidding? You're not aware that this country is divided into three social classes (upper, middle and lower)? That's actually a very basic description as there are a few extensions of the middle class (working class, upper middle, lower middle).

Is saying 'upper class' 'middle class' or 'lower class' not politically correct anymore? :dunno:

So, how would you say it?

How is that politically incorrect? Wasn't that the same justification used as to why we (supposedly) needed a Wal-mart?

I tend to agree with HippieChick--the phrase "lower class" hit my sensitivity sensor as well. How about we amend that to "lower income". Some of the "classiest" people I know have lower income than many.

Might come off as nit-picky to some, but I believe that words have power. You should choose them wisely. :wave:

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:whitetrash:
I tend to agree with HippieChick--the phrase "lower class" hit my sensitivity sensor as well. How about we amend that to "lower income". Some of the "classiest" people I know have lower income than many.

Might come off as nit-picky to some, but I believe that words have power. You should choose them wisely. :wave:

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
so this would be a problem, how? Let's not forget north of 98 between 331 and 393 isn't the classiest of areas. This isn't beverly hills folks. There are plenty of lower class people living south of the bay and they need an affordable place to shop.

wow....you must be a troll. Classy compared to...your statements perhaps? I am baffled. If it wasn't your intent to ruffle feathers you may want to consider brushing up on your writing composition skills to make you statements a bit more clear.

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
I am sorry but..

Donald Trump and Paris Hilton are living proof that there in no connection between wealth and class.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
I cannot believe what a simple question about Dollar General has come to. It has nothing to do with class or income. I am not ashamed to say I have shopped at Dollar General. They do have some "normal and good" products at cheaper prices than elsewhere. Some people may not worry about saving a buck or admit that they need to, but I am up for saving a buck wherever I can especially these days. Also many people have lost their jobs and it does not make them any less classier than others, just unfortunate. Get real people!!