• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Yep, I agree Mangy. It's a little on the high fat side though. But you're right, if I ate it every day from now on, I would be a happy girl.
And yes, you're right too about the BC, honey & fig. It IS heaven!

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Yum, these all sound delish! I never thought my mouth would water at the thought of SALAD!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Carol, I'm thinking I'm just gonna skip the salad and just drink the dressings.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The problem with salad dressings is that they expire before I can use them up. I've resorted to making a quick Jamie Oliver dressing:

Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper.

He has several variations -- such as throwing in some whole grain mustard. Only takes a minute and I always have the ingredients on hand!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Me too, tis. I like this combo as well. I think y'all have convinced me just to dump those bottles and make it up...even if I'm feeling lazy.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
What's wrong with eating blue cheese on a regular basis?? It's good for you. The blue part is a probiotic, which is good for your digestive health. :cool:

Just discovered blue cheese on bread atop a fig swizzled with honey. Thought I had died and gone to heaven. :clap:

Mango, I LOVE this! I make little crostinis topped with fig preserves & crumbled Gorgonzola & drizzle it with honey for hors d'oeuvres at Christmas & they are ALWAYS a hit! Of course, it's hard not to eat them while I'm making them! :drool:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
My favorite is
1/2 cup real lemon juice (bottled)
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
lemon zest (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
Mix all this in a blender on high, slowly add 2 cups extra virgin olive oil while the blender is still going, on medium. Allow to blend for a while. This keeps in a cool place for a week or so...you can also keep it in the frig, but the oil congeals.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
The sugar mellows it a bit..it is great on everything!! I also marinate chicken and shrimp in it before cooking (grill or saute')

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
It's on the list!!! I'm done with chicken pretty much, but I'll give it a whirl on shrimp....soon!!
xoxo