• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
This week is my birthday and my friend is going to treat me to a cupcake at each of the three different places that were written up in the last Sun(I did not read it so I can't give you any names.) One in the morning, one around noon, then one in the late afternoon. Does anyone have any thought on were the best cupcakes are in SOWAL?

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Results are in. We decided to follow last weeks Sun and try the cupcakes at Heavenly in Seaside, Cowgirl's Kitchen in Seagrove, and Jeni's in Seacrest Beach. They ranged from $3, $3.50 and $4. two bite size, three bite size and 6 bite size. We tried the Lemon on vanilla and the orange and chocolate truffle at Heavenly, a chocolate with strawberry icing at Cowgirl's(only one because they only had chocolate cupcakes with two different icings), and a lemon curd and a strawberry with preserves in the middle at Jeni's. While said they were made daily, I believe them and will not argue, however, I am not quite sure which day they were made. We judged on appearance and attitude, value per cost, and most of all taste and freshness. We both tasted all and gave individual votes on a point basis. Hands down our winner was Jeni's in Seacrest Beach. The #1 was the Lemon Curd followed by the strawberry with strawberry preserves.