• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

salidaco

Beach Lover
Aug 13, 2007
Happy animals!

I have a great dog that we adopted 7 years ago. She was 3 or 4 at the time. It has been a long road but she is a great dog!

Any other great adoption stories?

Our daughter is an animal lover and believes in getting only rescue animals. She got a kitten from the Atlanta Humane Society. That little devil is so smart and is a joy to our daughter and her husband.

One of our friends has a farm. She is an extreme animal lover and started taking in feral cats. She personally pays to have females spayed and males neutered. It has become a full-time job for her. She started the Mosa Fund and is getting donations. It's great how many unwanted cats she has prevented from being born and being put down due to overpopulation of cats.

Last edited:

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
i've got 1 cat @ home who "adopted" my son-kept following him home until we had to keep her. she's a sweet but very oppinionated cat and very protective of son-gets mad at us when we punish our son around her :) (holds onto arm without breaking skin-my mom said she had a german shepherd that was like that too when she was a kid).
we also have 2 outside cats-1 about a 30 pound maine coone that took up at the house both of whom deserve regular owners-very sweet but a little scared of people. i consider them my "keep out the snake" cats and feed them and give shelter in cold/bad weather. i have a friend whose hubby killed a rattlesnake near their front door this year (and we don't live in the country) but we don't really see snakes around my house and for that i thank the kitties!

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Yes!! We adopted our sweet sugar from your very own seaside animal rescue. She is now a year old and is so cute, funny and smart. Would have been tragic if she had been put down. Great dog

watersounder

Beach Comber
Aug 31, 2009
$th fo July weekend a approx 8 monthold kitten stumbled 9literally) onto our front porch. From what we could tell it appeared to have ben thrown out of a moving car. Somehow it had survived in woods for almost 2 weeks. His whole bottom face had been skinned off. He was starving, covered in ticks and bites. He was tryign so hard to pur with waht was left of his little face/neck.

We have a 3 yr cat who is the center of universe and does not like other animals (mainly becuaes she has never been aroudn them). We vowed never to get another animal.

Then this little guy stumbled into our lives. Needless to say we spent the 4th at the emergency animal place in Panama City Beach. After 10 days, lots of surgery and healing he is now part of our family. He is the sweetest and most laid back cat I have ever had. My other cat is not happy and after a month will atleast tolerate him being in the room.

Our home is over in WaterSound North which is surrounded by forest. It has become a dumping ground for losers to leave packs of puppies/kittens.

We named him SAMCRO - after Sons of Anarchy show since he is a fighter.