• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kirkus

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2005
Colleyville, TX
I had my inflatable kayak just over the second sand bar and saw a large dark spot on the bottom just off to my right. As a rowed over it, it surfaced on my left, took a good look at me, went under me and surfaced for another look to my right. It then swam over for a look at a woman on a paddle board who had spotted it and was following. He then swam off to the east

I was no more than five feet face to face and it was either a manatee or large seal of some type, but I'm not aware of seals around here. However, I was unaware manatees came this far north. In any event, it was a thrill and made it worth lugging the kayak from Texas.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Probably a mermaid!

Yes - we have manatees pass by and this time of year they should be headed back down south. Awesome for you!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
that's a good omen!

RTR

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2011
blue mtn.
i think one swam within 3-4 ft of me yesterday in blue mtn. scared me at first but it just cruised by. i was on the edge of the 1st sandbar just before it drops off to deeper water.