• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I need to find someone who will do hardware work on my Sony Vaio. The screen display goes out whenever the screen/lid is moved. Anyone know of someone who will do hardware work? I can't afford the time to send it in to Sony and wait weeks for them to send it back.

PS--Before anyone suggests, I've already talked to BeachGeeks and the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Neither one of them do that kind of work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Ken, you can probably buy a new one for the money it would take to get someone to repair the old one, and you would have a faster machine, unless your Vaio is brand new.

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
More than likely your connection to the monitor is bad, in that case it would probably need to be re-soldered. I recommend sending it to Sony if it's under warranty. If it's older, then you may end up paying more than the computer is worth to have it repaired, unfortunately.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
target has a awesome deal. a 11.6 inch amd dual core with 250 gig drive for $236

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions--especially momof2kids. If I have to buy a new one, so be it. But I run some non-standard software and do a lot of specialty work on it--especially office automation and java programming--so it's something of a pain to have to get a new one set up the way I need it. Last time it took a full day-and-a-half before I considered it 'live' and, even then, I still had additional work to do to it over the next few days.

Waterbaddrinkwine

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2009
Point Washington
I have a computer guy that does all my work in Chipley . He doesn't charge you if it can't be fixed and most of the time it's not more then $50.00. He's a 71 yr old man that loves working on computers and isn't in it for the money. We go to Chipley every weekend to visit family and I could take it up there for you if you like. He'd most likely fix it right then and I could bring it back that day.

Last edited: