• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
We just found out that in 2005, Belgium is celebrating the 175th anniversary of it's founding as a European state. The only Belgians I know are Oliver and Philippe, the owners of the Red Bar and 331. It really makes you appreciate about how diverse South Walton is. While everyone knows that waffles come from Belgium, one of the most famous foods from this Northern European Country are Brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts were a popular vegetable crop in Belgium during the sixteenth century from which they were spread to the surrounding countries throughout temperate Europe. French settlers in Louisiana extensively cultivated brussel sprouts for its continuous production of miniature cabbages throughout the growing season.

I hope everyone will email a congratulations to Oliver and Philippe on the anniversary of the founding of the State of Belgium, impress them with your knowledge of their homeland's most famous vegetable and join them in the year's celebration by showcasing Brussel sprouts in your cooking at home this year. Here is a fan club for Brussel Sprouts or you can find our favorite recipeshere. Yumm.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
175 years? What Anniversary is that? Leather, wheat, sand, bubbles?

It's not even a bicentennial, but as good an excuse for a party as any I guess. We should get together at the Red Bar for a party of waffles, sprouts, and the bestest Belgian invention - the French Fry. :clap_1:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm :love:

image.png

http://bsprouts.fanfreak.net/image.png

SunnyD

Beach Crab
Mar 7, 2005
I mentioned this to Oli on Saturday and he thought it was great I knew! I got a free glass of wine too ;)