• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Are off season break-ins much of a problem? In the whole time I've been on this message board, I've never read of many problems. I remember a thread once about some teens entering and partying in a property or something of that sort. Just curious BR as to if this is a fear/concern or if it is a known problem...:dunno:

FTLOC...surely you know BR by now!!!! Bless her heart!:D

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
You all need not be too concerned. I will be having live entertainment from time to time, it won't be every Friday and Saturday night and not so late in the evening but mostly for special events with very high quality entertainment. A lot of this stems from the fact that homes are being built closer and closer to Bud & Alley's and I need to focus on being a good neighbor regarding sound.

The TV decision was jointly made with my landlord. We agreed that the focus at Bud & Alley's should be great food, conversation and the best dining and drinking views on the planet. I expect to be showing big sporting events on TV's we will bring in for the occasion. I hope this clears everything up for all of you.

If you have not joined us on the new open air sky deck you are missing out. We are serving our full menu upstairs for dinner. It's an amazing dining experience. Thanks very much.

Dave

Apparently TVs have just been banned from Seaside restaurants/bars. We are in the area very frequently in the off-season (during the college football and basketball seasons). I guess we'll have to go elsewhere to dine and watch college sports.

:sosad:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Changes at Bud & Alley's

We have made a few changes to Bud & Alley's. We will no longer have live entertainment weekly. I will be having live entertainment from time to time, it won't be every Friday and Saturday night and not so late in the evening but mostly for special events with very high quality entertainment. A lot of this stems from the fact that homes are being built closer and closer to Bud & Alley's and I need to focus on being a good neighbor regarding sound.

We have removed TV's from the restaurant as well. This decision was jointly made with my landlord. We agreed that the focus at Bud & Alley's should be great food, conversation and the best dining and drinking views on the planet. I expect to be showing big sporting events on TV's we will bring in for the occasion.

If you have not joined us on the new open air sky deck you are missing out. We are serving our full menu upstairs for dinner. It's an amazing dining experience. Thanks very much.
Dave

CampCreekLou

Beach Lover
Feb 25, 2005
We have removed TV's from the restaurant as well. This decision was jointly made with my landlord. We agreed that the focus at Bud & Alley's should be great food, conversation and the best dining and drinking views on the planet. I expect to be showing big sporting events on TV's we will bring in for the occasion.

Dave

Kudos to Dave for working with the landlord! Now, if only Cowgirl Kitchen and Georges would do the same, but for a different reason. We have a hard time going to Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach anymore, because they have locked us out of visiting the beach after lunch or dinner. Seaside needs to be congratulated for remaining a TOWN and not a gated RESORT.

Dave, keep the beaches open to the public, and we'll keep coming down!

While they're at it, restaurants should ban groups of loud, cackling women who are drinking excessively. To hubby and me, that's the most annoying sound ever! We'd rather sit next to crying babies. At least their parents are sensitive enough to the comfort of others that one parent leaves the restaurant with the crying child.

Maybe post signs that say no TVs or loud, cackling, drunk women allowed? :lol:

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
While they're at it, restaurants should ban groups of loud, cackling women who are drinking excessively. To hubby and me, that's the most annoying sound ever! We'd rather sit next to crying babies. At least their parents are sensitive enough to the comfort of others that one parent leaves the restaurant with the crying child.

Maybe post signs that say no TVs or loud, cackling, drunk women allowed? :lol:

This restaurant banned kids under 6...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4371887...estaurant-says-it-has-heard-enough-bans-kids/

Gee, I don't know how I feel about that. I was only able to have one child, and one child is easy to control. We always had what we called a "designated martyr" who agreed in advance to leave a restaurant if our daughter started bothering others. Managing multiple small children gets more difficult. We were at Pizza Bar recently (inside because it's so hot outside) and sitting next to a couple with two small children. One started whining and wouldn't sit in her chair. They voluntarily asked to be moved outside so that their children wouldn't bother the diners inside.

Maybe upscale restaurants should have signs at the front door that say, "In consideration of other diners, those using cell phones, those who are loud enough to disturb other diners, and those with small children who are disturbing others might be asked to step out of the dining room." :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I would support banning children without designated martyrs, cell phones, and requiring increased sound absorption in all 30-A venues.

Banning loud cackling drunk women is like banning June Grass. Great idea, but impossible.