• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
We bought some lovely produce and jam there in late July. When we arrived via 331 last week, he was gone. Has he relocated, or is he gone (again)? If the latter, are there any suggestions for a substitute? We have never found a produce stand we liked as much.

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
He retired once and then opened back up with a younger guy maybe they are closing for the season.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Hit Cypress Cattle on your way down.

Right hand side of the road just after you pass the 20 intersection.

And while here, go to the Seaside Farmer's Market on saturday mornings of For the Health of It.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I had some really good tomatoes and peas from Cottons this summer! I miss him too.

I heard the county closed him down but I have no idea if that is accurate.

we do have many other sources but not for tomatoes, peas or boiled peanuts!

Last edited:

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Hit Cypress Cattle on your way down.

Right hand side of the road just after you pass the 20 intersection.

And while here, go to the Seaside Farmer's Market on saturday mornings of For the Health of It.

Thanks - wondered about Cypress Cattle, and will try it. The Seaside Farmer's Market doesn't seem to work well for us in terms of day/time flexibility; as for For the Health of It, we are not really into organic stuff, i'm afraid - just regular run-of-the-mill farm produce. Tomatoes are the most important, with other local vegetables welcome too. and maybe some alabama peaches thrown in. yikes.

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
I had some really good tomatoes and peas from Cottons this summer! I miss him too.

I heard the county closed him down but I have no idea if that is accurate.

we do have many other sources but not for tomatoes, peas or boiled peanuts!

That's a bummer, he had some great produce and great prices.