• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I like 'em crispy and hot. McDonald's right out of the fryer are good. I like crinkle cut hot and crispy too.

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
I swear this works. Saw it on America's Test Kitchen. Of course they used perfectly cut fresh potatoes. But....it still works with frozen. Put your regular old standard crinkly fries in cold vegetable oil. Yes, I said cold. Turn on the heat and let the oil & potatoes heat together to a rolling boil. Stir the potatoes to make sure none are stuck to the bottom. Cook until the desired crispness. These fries are not greasy and they are really crisp on the outside the fluffy on the inside.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I swear this works. Saw it on America's Test Kitchen. Of course they used perfectly cut fresh potatoes. But....it still works with frozen. Put your regular old standard crinkly fries in cold vegetable oil. Yes, I said cold. Turn on the heat and let the oil & potatoes heat together to a rolling boil. Stir the potatoes to make sure none are stuck to the bottom. Cook until the desired crispness. These fries are not greasy and they are really crisp on the outside the fluffy on the inside.

really??? this looks worth trying!!

I love a MacDonald fry! and Wendy's! and any diner crinkle cut!!! honestly, even Smiling Fish and Red Bar are serving those starchy, coated fries that just don't work for me. I will eat them, but I would prefer a real fry.

McTighs and 98 BBQ are terrific because they are hand cut.

Can't wait to try Little Italy's fries!!! I have always liked the fries at Flip Flops.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
i used to go to the sant rosa beach club which is vue and i thought they had the best burger out there. do they still offer the beach grilled burger for lunch?

Last edited by a moderator:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Ballyhoo Bar & Grill in Blue Mountain Beach.

Two words: crinkle cut.

delicious!

(the burger was outstanding too - one of the best I've had in SoWal).

I'm soooo there.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
I know what's for lunch today!!! :drool: