• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Just heard it on the 30A telegraph.........
It's sitting on the planning boards desk.
I wonder how all the Walmart haters are going to feel about this one? :violin:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
It's time now that land is more commercially affordable. But please, don't do like Mini-Walmart, if you build keep it true to size. Rant: at WM you can buy any variation of Little Debbie known to man and more, but if you want a Kalamata Olvie or greek vinegarette forget it.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
No more big boxes! Far prefer Target to Walmart, but all these chains are killing what makes this area special!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
If Target was going to be on 30A I would agree with the "no box chain store" statement. Anywhere on 98 works for me.

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Goodness y'all it's not walmart or target it is the 80 other chains to come and it will take an hour to drive from 331 to Mack Bayou Road in the summer. Might as well 8-lane 98 now and create frontage roads also. We are about to become Destin East like it or not that is the issue IMO. The area that is state forest between 331 and watersound will be more valuable than ever. Living north of 98 in that area will be literaly like living in a park and prices will skyrocket. Buy your dogette property now!

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
I am sorry, but as a middle income family residing in South Walton , I welcome the jobs and affordable shopping in our county. I understand the economics of running a small business and competing against big box chains. People are discerning enough to know what to buy and from who. Not all of us make money from tourist and we need an economy boost. If your biggest concern is what hi-way 98 looks like, I wanna trade spots and so do a lot of people in our area. I'm not a reg on SoWal.com, so I'll either be blasted or ignored.... I can live with either.