• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JMT

Beach Lover
Aug 5, 2009
Seagrove Beach, Fl
It seems like the Europeans are always a little bit ahead of the US when it comes to environmental issues.. You really don't have to think too far out of the box to come up with dozens of applications we could use for recycled glass.. i.e. sidewalks, beach restoration, etc. Personally I love any type of recycled "art", I know some people in the area who actually come by and get wine bottles and such from me. I like to make guitar slides from wine bottles myself!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
And thanks JDarg, you're always flyin' the flag for me! JMT B-B

That's because you are cool and providing a real service to SoWal.:cool:

I have a business idea we should partner up for- and we will make a fortune. Pawn shop. It's kind of like recycling.:lol:

JMT

Beach Lover
Aug 5, 2009
Seagrove Beach, Fl
That's because you are cool and providing a real service to SoWal.:cool:

I have a business idea we should partner up for- and we will make a fortune. Pawn shop. It's kind of like recycling.:lol:

I think we need a Pt. Washington General Store! Pawn shop would probably make a fortune..

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Thanks so much for your response, JMT! If it ever became inconvenient for us to use the bins, we would definitely use BluBinz to pick up our recycling. I am glad that you are providing this service for this area. It allows people who don't have the time to go to the recycling drop off trailers a way to recycle. We have needed this for a really long time.

JMT

Beach Lover
Aug 5, 2009
Seagrove Beach, Fl
I also want to clarify something about the MRF program.. Those guys up at the county work really hard, they help me out a lot. Now I think some people have a misconception about the conveyor belt/recycling line. Yes, the inmates do sort through the garbage on the conveyor belts. But the percentage of recyclables that are not contaminated at that point is very small, therefore cannot be recycled. The key word is "salvageable". That is the reason for the trailers and for my curbside service. To keep all the recyclables separate from the other household waste. I still think some people around believe that "Oh, well, the inmates sort through the garbage, so my stuff will be recycled", when that just isn't the case. It would be a lot easier if it were, but it isn't. Anyway, just wanted to clarify a little for those who saw the thread. Cheers! JMT B-B