• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
(AP) Knoxville - In a surprise move The University Tennessee announced today it intends to change conference affiliation from The SEC to The Big East.

UT president, C. Emmett Beaver, made the surprise announcement the day after The Tennessee football team lost to The University of Florida for the 7th straight time.

"There are several reasons we think this move makes sense. It's apparent we are no longer competitive when we play Big Boy Football. Look, we haven't been able to compete with Florida, Alabama or LSU for years. Now, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Auburn, South Carolina and Georgia have all passed us by," Said Beaver. "Even Vandy is now better than us. The writing was on the wall when we tried to hire a new coach. First six guys we called all turned us down. The Coach at Duke turned us down. People weren't even returning our calls. And look at the guy we got. Did you see those pants he was wearing? Looked like a damn Kansas City...... Never mind. Guy can't even count to eleven."

"We thought this pre-emptive move was in our best interest. Also, The Big East is a better fit academically. The Big East promised that any recruit with the IQ of hand ball would be able to play for us."

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Ha! That sounded strange to me! Ya' know, here in Texas, UT means something entirely different!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
(AP) Knoxville - In a surprise move The University Tennessee announced today it intends to change conference affiliation from The SEC to The Big East.

UT president, C. Emmett Beaver, made the surprise announcement the day after The Tennessee football team lost to The University of Florida for the 7th straight time.

"There are several reasons we think this move makes sense. It's apparent we are no longer competitive when we play Big Boy Football. Look, we haven't been able to compete with Florida, Alabama or LSU for years. Now, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Auburn, South Carolina and Georgia have all passed us by," Said Beaver. "Even Vandy is now better than us. The writing was on the wall when we tried to hire a new coach. First six guys we called all turned us down. The Coach at Duke turned us down. People weren't even returning our calls. And look at the guy we got. Did you see those pants he was wearing? Looked like a damn Kansas City...... Never mind. Guy can't even count to eleven."

"We thought this pre-emptive move was in our best interest. Also, The Big East is a better fit academically. The Big East promised that any recruit with the IQ of hand ball would be able to play for us."

I so hope this isn't true. And I cannot believe the president making these comments about Derek Dooley. Talking about rude. Enough of a reason to be fired right there. Dooley is a nice person, and a good coach. Can't even count to eleven. C'mon now. These comments make me angry. What a moron. What the heck is he doing being a president of a university. If they cannot compete in the SEC anymore they won't be able to in the Big East for sure. And look what he is saying about the recruits and their IQ. It takes a lot to get into UT.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
I so hope this isn't true. And I cannot believe the president making these comments about Derek Dooley. Talking about rude. Enough of a reason to be fired right there. Dooley is a nice person, and a good coach. Can't even count to eleven. C'mon now. These comments make me angry. What a moron. What the heck is he doing being a president of a university. If they cannot compete in the SEC anymore they won't be able to in the Big East for sure. And look what he is saying about the recruits and their IQ. It takes a lot to get into UT.

Wait... are you serious?

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
There are a few IQ points missing on this thread. :rofl: