• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Heck, I even have a TV in my office. I was in-between classes watching the fluff on the Today Show on 9/11 when the breaking news appeared. I sent out a broadcast email. A crowd piled into my office. People always stop by my office when there is major news or during the NCAA basketball tournaments when there are daytime games.

No happy hour though. I do have snacks on my desk. :lol:

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
Dave and the other merchants have a good following and reputation so I don't think a no t.v. policy are deal breakers for the vast majority of customers, it might even have a good effect. I guess I have trouble with the concept of things being banned that aren't inherently dangerous. Kind of steps on the toes of a free market system. On the other hand, if you are entered into a contract you have to abide by the terms.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Oops, just heard that TVs are back at Pizza Bar for football................................................................

"The TV decision was jointly made with my landlord. We agreed that the focus at Bud & Alley's should be great food, conversation and the best dining and drinking views on the planet. I expect to be showing big sporting events on TV's we will bring in for the occasion. I hope this clears everything up for all of you."

Guess Bruno's and Pickle Factory proved that Pizza and Football go together.....and don't forget the beer!! Think I am going to stick with the ones that can make up their minds and stick to it.

rafjr00

Beach Comber
Jun 21, 2007
Any place that bans or has a separate seating area for kids would have my business. It gets old paying 100 plus dollars just to have a quite meal. It is also getting very hard to find bars that don't have t.v.'s. I can not stand sports, I make my wife go to her parent's house to watch football. She can't watch a game in silence. The t.v. is not on when we eat, that's what the dvr is for.

Sigh. Harbordocks on Saturday evening to watch the sunset and enjoy some sushi. It was fantastic...until a gaggle of folks were sat right next to us with three or four loud, whining, crying younguns. It totally ruined the vibe. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. Won't be going back in search of an enjoyable, crying-free sunset experience.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Shame that this is such an issue - I ask to be seated in the "no kids" section, but the screams and running are still an issue even if they have one.

I know I was NOT allowed to behave like that as a kid.