• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
My daughter homeschools and this year she chose to take guitar, which I thought was great. I thought her father still had his but no. Her lessons start Monday. My budget is low but I am willing to pay even if you can break it up into 2 payments, I would be ever so grateful. She is 16 and has nice long fingers so I believe she will do well and she has already taken flute and did well in that also.
So, if you by chance have a not so expensive acoustic guitar you are willing to part with, please let me know. Either leave me a message here on this post or send me a pm and I will keep checking back. Thanks so much!

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Musician's Friend has acoustic guitars starting at $39. I bet you can get a quick ship, but not by Monday. You will hear people say to not buy a cheap guitar, but for a beginner, they are fine. Then, if they stick with it, they can upgrade accordingly. I bought a cheap classical guitar ($99) many years ago from Musicians Friend, and I play it more than my nice guitar

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Whichever type of guitar you choose, I suggest that you get it strung with nylon "classical guitar" strings. Guitar purists may argue, but, for the beginner, steel strings really hurt and are harder to push down onto the fret board. If something hurts...you're less apt to practice. You can always switch out to steel strings when her hands get stronger.:wave: