• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I've never understood why it has been so erratic about when it's open and when it isn't. Does any one know what the politics of this place has been?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The BaitHouse at WaterColor Inn & Resort was damaged by a fire early in the morning of Friday, October 21. The fire started in the kitchen area and preceded to the structure’s roof, bar and dining area.

“We are evaluating the BaitHouse to determine the extent of the damages, but are so thankful that no one was injured,” said WaterColor General Manager Patrick Murphy. The South Walton Fire Marshal Sam Sanchez is still inspecting the structure to determine the cause of the fire.

Functions planned at the BaitHouse are being accommodated in other areas of WaterColor Resort. The upcoming Fall Festival, October 23, 2011 and the Telluride MountainFilm on Tour, November 4 & 5, 2011 will not be affected and continue as scheduled in Marina Park.

WaterColor Inn & Resort is renowned for its stretch of glittering sand along the northwest Florida gulf coast. The resort caters to guests of all ages, offering numerous family-friendly amenities including a Beach Club, several swimming pools, tennis center, spa, and Kids Camp. Complimentary bicycles, kayaks and canoes make it easy for guests to ride to the neighboring towns, paddle through the Western Lake (a rare coastal dune lake) and hike the resort’s woodland trail system.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Lakeview, I think the restaurant hours were not due to politics, but rather to lack of customers. I ate there many times and the food was good, prices fair, service great, and ambiance fantastic. The problem seemed to be that there were never more than 5 tables of people there at lunch time. In the restaurant business, the first three important factors to keep the doors open are 1) location, 2) location, and 3) location. Out of site = out of mind. The placement of this restaurant in the property made for great views, and I personally liked that you had to know about it to eat there. However, that is also what killed it - out of site out of mind. Keep in mind that the restaurant hasn't operated as such for maybe 4 years now. When WaterColor is built out, I think they will have enough people here during the high-season to fill the restaurant. Being out of site from the general public will keep more seats open for WaterColor owners and guests, which makes total sense to me.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Grateful no firefighters were harmed, but so sad to see it destroyed. We loved eating there when it was open. A truly different kind of place.