• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
my 93-year-old mom is coming for a visit at Christmas. she loves to go out to eat, and i need a place to take her for her fried shrimp/fried oyster fix. we'd like to stay on or close to 30-A. bayou bill's does just what we need - is nick's on the beach as good or better? thanks for the input!

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Luv them both, but for fried shrimp and oysters.....Nick's.

Crab feast at Bill's is very good.

If you want to show her a fun time and a bit of old Florida, go to Nick's on Hwy 20. Nice view of the Bay and she'll get a kick watching the chickens and ducks in the backyard area. IMO, their food is a bit better than the Nick's on 30A.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
There's a reason Bill's has been busy for so many years - consistency. May be a little more chain like but people seem to love it. Nick's on the beach is hit or miss but Nick's on the bay is always good. I chalk it up to the cooks not the quality of seafood.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Depends on what you want, but it may be a moot point. Nick's at the Beach used to close after Thanksgiving like several other establishments for a period. Not sure if they have continued that practice since they have reopened. Be sure to double check before you go!

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
bayou bills has the best shrimp around. went to nicks at blue mountain and its good but bills has been consistent and great for the 20 years i've been going there. also shorties at great has good shrimp

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
Does Nick's on the beach serve Oysters-on-the-half-shell? They didn't when I was there. Love Nick's on the Bay. Best oyster sandwich around! Alternatives? Shoo Mamas or Hurricanes perhaps?