• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
Hi everyone. We're down here sprucing up our house and our gas grill is kaput. How/where do I get rid of it? Will the garbage trucks pick it up?

Thanks!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It depends on how large but probably not. First off, if it has a tank don't throw that away. It can be recycled. Usually grills can be broken down into pieces.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I've been amazed when I have put a "kaput" grill out by the curb and someone always seems to cart it off. Seems that someone almost always can find a use for it.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
If you can transport it to the South Walton Mosquito District on 393 North you can dispose of it there.

We do not pick up items.

The tank will not be accepted.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I have found that putting a "free" sign on it also helps.

Despite some problems with thefts in the area, most people are still honest and don't want to take anything unless they are 100% sure it is okay. I have even had people knock on my door to make sure it is okay for them to take the stuff with the "free" sign on it!

Our old grill got taken by someone who sells scrap metal. He happened to be working at our house. So you never know who might have a use for it if you leave it by your garbage can and put a sign on it.

After a few days you could take it to the place on 393 North to avoid it becoming an eyesore in your neighborhood.