• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Does Seaside actually have a recycling program? I have been seeing empty green "recycling bins" on the ground near the trash enclosures all week.

Do they have a recycling program in place, and if so, how can we expand it to include the rest of the area?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Yes, you are a wonderful addition to 30A! :wave:

These weren't your bins though, that is why I was wondering what was up.

sneakin sally

Beach Lover
Jul 13, 2007
Point Washington
I would be willing to bet that Seaside's program is funded by Homeowner's Association Fees or by some other such means.

In order to expand this service to include the rest of 30A, people would have to be willing to pay for the service, either by paying for it out-right (as you would with Blu-Binz), or by paying additional taxes in order to fund a county-run program.

In my opinion, Blu-Binz is the easiest, best and cheapest alternative... $15 a month is all the service costs; you are supporting a local business; it saves the time/fuel/and fuss associated with taking the recyclables to the trailers yourself;and no additional taxes are required. Win-win for everyone!

Gwen Break

Beach Fanatic
Aug 2, 2011
South Walton, near the bay
The Seaside Neighborhood School has kicked-off their participation in a nationwide recycling program called the Dream Machine Recycle Rally during the 2011-2012 academic year and is asking for community support.
The Dream Machine Recycle Rally is an exciting program that aims to raise awareness of the importance of recycling among students, grades K-12, and gives schools a chance to earn rewards and compete for contest prizes, all while helping to make the planet a cleaner, greener place, and supporting post-9/11 disabled U.S. veterans.
To help Dream Machine Recycle Rally program reach its goal of collecting 22 million pounds of recycled material by June 2012, we are asking all students and local communities to collect and bring to school as many empty non-alcoholic beverage containers (plastic bottles and aluminum cans) as possible.
Upon collection, SNS will scan each barcode and the school will earn points redeemable for rewards with local businesses and major retailers, such as sporting goods, electronics, gift card, educational events and music, books and videos.
The more SNS students recycle, the more rewards they can earn. This contest also awards the school with the highest average number of bottles and cans collected per student at the end of the school year with $50,000 in funding for “Green Improvements” to their school.
To participate, contact Sally Bailey at 850-687-9010 or email SNSPupblicRelations@gmail.com for further information. To learn more about the recycle program, please visit www.DreamMachineRecycleRally.com.