• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Headed to Grayton for my annual Thanksgiving celebration. Am resticted to a walker due to mobility difficulties. I recall seeing something about obtaining a temporary beach permit to allow my husband to drive me to the beach. Can someone tell me what the rule is and what I need to do to obtain the temporary permit. Thanks everyone...:cool:

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
I will be there for a week and wish there was some way to get a temorary peermit that would allow me access to the beach during my stay without the cost a year's permit. I am on a walker and trying to traverse sand is a no go. It is just so sad to spend the week in the house. I can use the ramps and love being able to see the beach, but I am a red dirt girl and I just long to feel sand between my toes. I may have imagined it but I had a recollection of being able to obtain a beach driving permit with proof of handicapp status and the permit was for a week to allow handicapped visitors to enjoy and access the beach during stays.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Try calling Walton County Administration 850 892-8155 about the temporaty handicap permit. And remember that the Clerk of Courts affice is handleing beach permits now, not the Tax Collectors office.