• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Island Girl

Beach Crab
Feb 20, 2006
I have just begun to explore the rent by owner process. Do most people list with more than one site? Which ones do you all prefer? I Have signed up with VRBO so far. Our property is at The Inn at Gulfplace. Any comments would be appreciated

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Island Girl said:
I have just begun to explore the rent by owner process. Do most people list with more than one site? Which ones do you all prefer? I Have signed up with VRBO so far. Our property is at The Inn at Gulfplace. Any comments would be appreciated

We have had great results from Great Rentals. I also reccomend a virtual tour from Moon Creek. Kurt does an amazing job.

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Island Girl said:

Keep reading threads in this forum - there is a lot of good info for rental owners.

Option B or C will get you started:
http://www.mooncreek.com/rentaltours.html

and

http://www.mooncreek.com/rentals.html

crobbins

Beach Comber
I posted on www.vacationrentals.com and VRBO.com and I've gotten slightly more rentals from vacationrentals.com -- I believe they have mirror sites that they use as well.....and it's cheaper than VRBO -- good luck!

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
:welcome: See the following thread:

[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=888"]Questions for Owners who Rent Their Properties - SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]

There are other threads on the board as well. We use a combination approach and have great luck with all 3 self rental sites that I use. They are VRBO, www.findvacationrentals.com, and www.vacationrentals.com. Most of my best inquiries and bookings have come from www.findvacationrentals.com but all 3 sites have evened out and most people check more than one as the "shop" for a place.

We use a hybrid approach and also have a local rental mgt company for key pickup/dropoff, cleaning, and any immediate issues with maintenance items etc (we pay a lower % of the self rentals vs the rental company rentals). www.greatrentals.com is aonother site that looks good and several people have said that they have had good luck with it.

We have done well this year with our self rentals and most of my current bookings have come as self rentals by a 12:1 ratio to the local mgt company.

As suggested, we did a Virtual Tour with Kurt at Moon Creek Studios since he does a tremendous job, is real easy to do business with, and the tour has "sold" my rental this season. Best money we ever spent and it has paid for itself 4-5x. Great job Kurt :clap_1: :clap_1: . Moon Creek and Kurt rocks!! See our tour at www.emeraldcoasttours.com/20brownstreet/,

PM me and I will be happy to give you some pointers and tips and proven practices.