• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Quoting Abby;

Most politicians these days aren't well educated.
If this county is willing to settle for uneducated, then we got just exactly what we deserve in the form of lawsuits.
They follow policies the best they can, and don't know when they are flawed.
They are elected and paid to know.
They do things the way their predecessors did them.
They are predecessors for a reason.
When someone challenges them in a lawsuit, they are told to keep their mouth shut and play dumb.
The BCC is currently making decisons in regard to hiring a new county attorney. If playing dumb and keeping their mouths shut is all the taxpayers expect from our BCC then we should just hand the Adkinson law firm the keys to the county coiffures and allow them to write their own paychecks.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Most politicians these days aren't well educated. At least not more than the rest of us. They follow policies the best they can, and don't know when they are flawed. They do things the way their predecessors did them. When someone challenges them in a lawsuit, they are told to keep their mouth shut and play dumb. Blame the lawyers and the system first people. You should all take a long look in the mirror before throwing stones.

Regardless of what others may say, most of this is right on mark. What some do not realize is that "not well educated" does not necessarily relate to "dumb". A lot of well educated people would not make good representatives of the people. Some seem to think that once you are elected to office, you cease being a human being and become a deity or some sort of superbeing. It is not so. Some of you who are screaming the loudest need to do a little research or call your Commissioner, express your views and have a little chat with them. You might be surprised at what you might learn.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Could anyone else really do any worse. I am certainly willing to give them a chance.

In answer to your question, yes, there are probably many who could do worse, and would. That said, there is not an incumbent running this time I would vote for. By the same token, I am very tired and frustrated by those who seem to have more money than sense and hire a lawyer at the drop of a hat to sue US, THE TAXPAYER. The county is US and when it is sued friviously, it costs US money in tax dollars.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Some of you who are screaming the loudest need to do a little research or call your Commissioner, express your views and have a little chat with them. You might be surprised at what you might learn.

Been there, done that. Not surpised at all by the "I don't know" answers either.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Funny. You must talk to different Commissioners than I do. I had a long "chat" with one today about the rape of our beach by the large dirt haulers. I got no "I don't know's" nor do I usually. What I do get when it is "I don't know, is I don't know but I'll find out and let you know". Maybe you should try "go there, try again" instead of "been there, done that".

mdd88jd

Beach Lover
May 26, 2008
In answer to your question, yes, there are probably many who could do worse, and would. That said, there is not an incumbent running this time I would vote for. By the same token, I am very tired and frustrated by those who seem to have more money than sense and hire a lawyer at the drop of a hat to sue US, THE TAXPAYER. The county is US and when it is sued friviously, it costs US money in tax dollars.

Present company excluded I hope:D..... assuming I run again, which I really have not yet decided. Running for office is time consuming, can be expensive and if elected (be careful what you ask for), is hard on your family. Having said all of that, I have enjoyed being an elected official... and hope I have served well.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Present company excluded I hope:D..... assuming I run again, which I really have not yet decided. Running for office is time consuming, can be expensive and if elected (be careful what you ask for), is hard on your family. Having said all of that, I have enjoyed being an elected official... and hope I have served well.

I've heard you were thinking of coming out again.

You are the only incumbent in any race that I would vote for. You have done a fine job and I hope you will continue to serve. Funny that a conservative Republican will only vote to reelect a Democrat in a county full of elected Republicans isn't it? But I think you are far more conservative than our elected RINOS in this county.

I am not crazy about the lawsuits either. I prefer the vote um all out and give someone else a chance to do better approach.