• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kyleresq

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2012
Hi all, Atlanta resident here but I am building a house in Seacrest! The house will be a rental initially but I can't wait to live there eventually. I have been viewing posts on the site for a while and decided to finally register. I was just in town last weekend and REALLY wish I was there now!

kyleresq

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2012
No, we came in to meet with our builder, cabinet maker, etc. So we spent the weekend local and eating lots of great food. I can't wait until I can be there all the time!

Don't make the mistake we did. There is so much temptation to build more than you need because of all of the beautiful homes in South Walton. We thought, "We'll rent it for a while, and then live there eventually." However, in our case with the mindset of the house we built becoming our future home, the rental abuse has driven us crazy. I wish we had built smaller and never rented and made the house a home from day 1. Not to mention the inconvenience of unpacking your personal stuff from the owners closet (pantry and kitchen items, nice towels and bed linens, etc.) every time you arrive, and then having to pack it back up before you leave. With rental management companies, you can only use their sheets and towels. If you leave cleaning products out for your rental guests and yourself to use, the cleaning service removes them.

Food for thought.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
what type of rental abuse are you talking about?

this is my 3rd yr renting and i've had zero damage that i can see. i hold 10 people but most of the rentals have been 8 or less. if someone is 2-4 i usually discount the quote as less wear and tear

sdenly

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Hi,
Would you be interested in renting your new house long term. My husband has taken a job at Bay Medical and we are looking for a long term rental beginning in March or April for a least a year maybe longer. If interested you can contact me at 229-834-0638 or slslappe@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Sheryl