• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
I am looking for some really good Tex Mex food on 30A. Ideas? Reviews? It seems there aren't many Mexican places on 30A.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
La Botana/Seagrove Coyote has fantastic chips, salsa, and queso! They fry the chips right before serving- it's like chip crack.

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
La Cocina is very good. Also the ONLY tex mex on 30A. Cantina Laredo at Grand Boulevard is good also. Otherwise the only thing to do is go to La Mercadito for real mexican on a hot plate.

I will have to go try La Botana salsa - I'm sure it's good but menu is not tex mex.

kyleresq

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2012
La Cocina. Worth the wait to March 1. Not only the best Tex Mex on 30A, but it competes with any places I have been anywhere else.

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
My opinion of Cantina Laredo

I do NOT recommend Cantina Laredo at Grand Boulevard. Every time I go (the last time was
between Christmas and New Years) the food, drinks and service get worse. And it's expensive.
They didn't get my order right last time, what they brought was not edible or drinkable- even
the chips, salsa and guacamole were bad! Stick with La Cochina or LaBotana. I haven't tried
El Mercado, but have heard from several people it's good.

Went to La Cochina last night. Even though 30A is a ghost town, there was a small wait to get a table. That says a lot about a restaurant. We hadn't been there in a while. Has the salsa recipe changed? It's the best I've ever had -- such a smoky, deep flavor. Has the cheese dip recipe changed? It too was excellent. We both got a combo. Really liked the pulled pork enchilda with verde sauce (although I love verde sauce and would have liked more). Also liked the brisket taco -- really good with a little cheese dip on top. Rice and beans don't do anything for me anywhere except at Bone Garden in Atlanta, so I forgive them for that. :) Didn't need them anyhow -- the taco and enchilada were plenty of food.

It was a happy atmosphere. The bartender was working his butt off, making drinks plus serving food at the bar. Yet he was very friendly and provided great service.

We will definitely be back soon.