• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Some would differ. If you don't have anything nice to say...
You don't know me. I had an Atlanta restaurant review website for over 10 years that was so popular that it came up first on Google. So restaurant reviews is what I used to do. I was recruited to do reviews full time, but I already had a full-time career.

I stopped doing it when simultaneously our daughter went to college in Boston (Cambridge) and we built a home in South Walton. I was spending more time in Boston and South Walton than in ATL. I never once got negative input for criticizing a restaurant over all of those years. And my email address was on the website.

Enough said.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
You don't know me. I had an Atlanta restaurant review website for over 10 years that was so popular that it came up first on Google. So restaurant reviews is what I used to do. I was recruited to do reviews full time, but I already had a full-time career.

I stopped doing it when simultaneously our daughter went to college in Boston (Cambridge) and we built a home in South Walton. I was spending more time in Boston and South Walton than in ATL. I never once got negative input for criticizing a restaurant over all of those years. And my email address was on the website.

Enough said.

With all due respect madam, you may be sitting in Atlanta but remember where this site is - a small town. And yet it is worldwide and gets more than a few hits. You may have had a few read your negative reviews in the big city, but there was a million others who didn't who were hungry so thankfully one negative review, accurate or not, is not going to kill them.

Bad restaurants don't survive here anymore because of the competition. In past years restaurants had less competition and much lower overhead so a bad one could make all their money on unsuspecting tourists during the summer. My rule is to go where the people on this site like to go. To where they post positive stuff about. The negative isn't necessary.

I have been to Little Italy many times and it is above average in food and service.

Sometimes 2 cents should be kept in the piggy bank. Sounds like someone is a teensy spoiled. Your intentions may be good. Maybe you think you are going to save some poor dear soul from having to wait ten minutes to get their check. But what you are doing is hurting a lot of good people who are trying to eke out a living in paradise. Don't hate them for that.

If my check is a little too slow somewhere I usually politely go to the register and ask for it. And I don't feel like it's the end of the world.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
I am very dissatisfied with the treatment that we received at “Little Italy Restorante” today. We are locals and had never been to the restaurant. They had a coupon at Restaurant.com so we purchased one and decided to try Little Italy for lunch. The waitress could not have been nicer, but I assume the owner or manager was less was downright rude. His statement to the waitress was “We don’t accept THOSE THINGS for lunch." The coupon states “Minimum purchase of $20. 18% gratuity added prior to discount. Valid for Dine in ONLY. Present prior to ordering." Does anyone see “NOT VALID FOR LUNCH” in the statement.
We promptly got up and left. I left $2 on the table for my soda that was not drunk. And I will vow to never return. I will not take any out of town guests there and will tell everyone about my personal experience. My Integrity was questioned. And that bothers me more than bad food and poor service.

Iris, I'm very familiar with the restaurant.com coupons and most are for dinner only and some for specific dates. I looked up Little Italy and they specifically state Dinner,Dine ONLY...

IMO, they were within their rights to refuse the certificate for lunch..

Here is the link. http://www.restaurant.com/rdc/littl...h-italian-restaurant-rid=441531?&mcn=00146052

"Minimum purchase of $35. 18% Gratuity added prior to discount. Valid for Dinner, Dine In ONLY. Present prior to ordering."

Last edited:

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
Some folks just have no patience or understanding in their life. It's not their fault it's probably just that it got filled up with other stuff. Life is simply about figuring out what is important.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Iris, I'm very familiar with the restaurant.com coupons and most are for dinner only and some for specific dates. I looked up Little Italy and they specifically state Dinner,Dine ONLY...

IMO, they were within their rights to refuse the certificate for lunch..

Here is the link. http://www.restaurant.com/rdc/littl...h-italian-restaurant-rid=441531?&mcn=00146052

"Minimum purchase of $35. 18% Gratuity added prior to discount. Valid for Dinner, Dine In ONLY. Present prior to ordering."

Archiehawg, you are correct.....the minimum purchase of $35 is for dinner only. It has a cost of $10 with $25 off of your purchase. There is another one there that is a.....miinimum purchase of $20 and does not say DINER ONLY....It says DINE IN ONLY. It costs $5. Go back and reread.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
I think these comments are best made to the management directly. No need to make them public because they may change staff next week but this review could hurt them forever. Like trying to fix a watch with a hammer. Also in my opinion it makes you look small and vindictive.

SoWal is the BEACH - expect slow service! In the summer places are overfilled and understaffed. In off season places are struggling to stay alive and often understaffed or staffed with inexperienced folk.

There are only a couple of bad restaurants in South Walton and Little Italy is not one of them. And none of them are terrible. At least not bad enough to chop with an axe.

These comments were not from the waitress. She was very nice as I said in my post. The comments that offended me came from the managment.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
How is them not accepting a coupon "questioning your integrity?"

I love to go there for lunch and have occasionally had slower service, but that is my only complaint. Love their pizza.

They should not sell coupons unless they are going to use them. They have 2 different ones. One that says dinner only and one that does not. It says "Dine In Only". If they don't want it to be used for lunch then state it. There are others that have the same coupons out there and they take them for lunch or theirs state "Dinner Only".

As for my Integrity....He should have at least read it versus shouting across the restaurant to our table...Insinuating (IMO) that I was incorrect....when he stated "We don't accept those things for lunch". I don't think I was wrong. Ok, maybe I was, I have been a lot in my many years of life and gladly admit it. This one is just a tough one to bite so I am not.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
Iris is correct. the $20 coupon says dine in only and is good for lunch. the $50 coupon is good for night only. i've been using restaurant.com for 1 1/2 years and using it 150 times at least never one problem. even used at llittle italy. I'll be nice and say after eating there i won't go back

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
Unfortunately, in this situation, I think it is appropriate for Iris and Beach Runner to air their complaints on here. In the cases of Iris's dining experience, the erroneous rejection of the voucher came directly from on-duty management, and in Beach Runner's case, she asked to speak to the manager but was told the mamager was unavailable. They simply posted observations of their experiences when management was apparently part of the problem. The positive reviews and defenses of the restaurant outnumber those two, so people are still welcome to go try it on their own, but it's accurate to portray both positive and negative experiences if we're talking about reviews here.