• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Pensacola Beach - downtown Pcola is cute and the Naval Air Museaum is amazing!

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
After much searching of the Caribbean, I'm leaning towards Puerto Rico or Jamaica. So many islands take 10-14 hours with flights, layovers, seaplanes and ferry rides and I don't want to lose 2 days of vacation to travel. Jamaica and Puerto Rico have nonstop flights out of Dallas and only take about 4.5 hours in the air-much more appealing. If I'm going to travel for 10 hours or more, I'd want to go to Europe again! Several have recommended Kauai but that time change kills me on the return.

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
OOOHH....have never been to either. BUT, have had several friends go to both. I would pick Puerto Rico over Jamaica......We have our 10th anniversary this year too! We are going to Yellowstone (a hubby thing), but I am really looking forward to it. We are doing an early celebration in Mexico Beach, Fl (where we 1st proclaimed our love), celebrating a friend's wedding. His sons and family will all be with us...it should be perfect! Much love and happiness to you both! I will toast you on our day!!!!

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Happy Anniversary to ya'll too Seacrestgirl! I've been looking at flights, hotels and resorts until my eyes are crossing!!! I have friends that love both so we have to decide what we are looking for out of our trip and probably need to do a little more reading up before we book as well. My aunt and uncle took my grandparents to Yellowstone and all around that part of the country this past Sept on a 2 week excursion and they had a great time!

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
We keep looking at puerto Rico -- staying at the W or the new st. Regis. You'll have to report back as you do your research! I agree that shorter direct flights make all the difference. We were in Crete last year. I loved it and told my husband I really wanted to take the kids in the next few years. Then we flew back to atlanta (via Athens). And I realized that my kids would never step foot on Crete. Way too much trouble.

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
Favorite Beach Location

Just got back from the Turks & Caicos. Was not impressed. Skip it. Unless you can afford to go to Pine Cay! Extremely expensive and not impressed with the island. People incredibly friendly, but the island is not very pretty. Beautiful water. Cayman's - wasn't very impressed either. Stay away from 7 mile beach unless you want to mingle with mega cruise ships. Bermuda was awesome. Extremely beautiful. Just remember that they do have a winter! Favorite - BVI's - but we do it by boat. Check out Biras Creek or Little Dix Bay.

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
I agree with Tistheseason about St. John. Amazing - 75% national park donated by Rockefellar. If the Lime Inn is still in Cruz Bay go there for dinner and have the lobster pasta! Don't go to Jamaica. Overrated and can be dangerous if you leave the resort!

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Thanks Scooter! Jamaica looks lovely but I've heard others say not to leave the resort and that's no for me-I like to explore my surroundings!!! I need to look into Bermuda's temps in mid-May and will look further into BVI's.