• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I have noticed a lot of construction and remodeling. It never stopped all together in WaterColor, but there seems to be a lot more going up there now.

I have also noticed more new businesses opening or getting ready to open than in many years. A lot of commercial space that has been vacant for many years is filling up. A lot of it has reached private hands and rents are lower.

Redfish Village has 1,500 sf 1st floor retail spaces for around $100k and 2nd floor office space for $30-40k.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
The dam is about to burst. Rumor has it the new owner in Seacrest has been hanging out at the Red Bar and taslking like a pirate. I mention that because it seems like celebrities are really starting to flock here.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Yep. WaterColor and Rosemary Beach home sales set some records in 2011. WaterColor building has been incredible and you know the market is doing well when builders start building spec homes, AND THEY HAVE! WaterColor visitors will be surprised to see so much new construction when they return this spring and summer. Even Seaside is getting a few more homes built.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
. I bought a home in jan 2009 over 3 years ago and to this day with about 20 sales only one home has been sold cheaper. many homes are down 30% since then.so some areas of sowal did hold up. even the bottom end of watercolor has held up . i looked at a home for 680k on 2009 on western way or some name like it and to this day seen very few homes sell that cheap. well benanke skied the stk market and people made huge money plus every second on tv there talking about the economy has turned which is not really true and people see prices down big last 5 yrs and they run to buy. vacant lots still cheap thats what to buy and hold. i rent my home and the inquiry activity for jan so warly in the season has been huge

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
He said the number of visitors to the resort is up, however, and higher than any point in the past seven years.Becnel said available real estate for sale on Sandestin property has dropped from 900 to 300 listings, and the listings have seen a purging of foreclosures and short sales.His forecast for the future is that the resort will see new construction of a 96-unit condominium at Sandestin, a 26-unit condominium at Seaside, and a single-family unit is planned at Burnt Pine, all of which he believes will be under way this year.At The Village of Baytowne Wharf, he said visitors can expect to find a new Hofbrauhaus and Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop.Becnel said he will bring in a new ferris wheel to Baytowne for the younger crowd.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
The dam is about to burst. Rumor has it the new owner in Seacrest has been hanging out at the Red Bar and taslking like a pirate. I mention that because it seems like celebrities are really starting to flock here.

Who is the "new owner"?