• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Just wanted to say that I love Fire at Gulf Place- it is always consistently good and just a bit better than most of the other local fare. I guess it's the New Orleans influence. Eat the fish there and you won't be disappointed! They really care.

http://www.restaurantfire.com :clap:

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
Judging a restaurant on Valentines Day is like judging a bar on New Years Eve.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
My favorite - so homey. I have eaten there at least 100 times and always spot on. I am picky too just ask my kids. The staff is top notch.

Disagree again. I chose them for our "bigger ticket" meal with 4 friends because of both prior good experiences and reputation. They weren't very crowded and our server was excellent. Appetizers were also impressive (though the oysters were a bit overpriced), but as you'll see when I post the photos, mains were not prepared with the care they should have been. Good restaurants can have bad nights, but at these price points, you have to get it right to impress, especially on a special night, especially if you aren't slammed.I was underwhelmed.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
So you've eaten there before and enjoyed it? Did you talk to management?

Had it been just the two of us, we certainly would havespoken up. But with six of us, and the inordinately long time the entrees took (which no doubt played a part in the temp/overcooked issues), we did not. BTW - I'd definitely eat there again. But I can't agree with the OP because our experience was not excellent,