• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Chuckster

Beach Comber
Sep 20, 2007
this thought was posted not that long ago..
"Looks like Blue's buddy Brannon will keep stalling. Tuesday before Thanksgiving ought to be an inconvenient date for many and reports will get buried with holiday news and events.":cool: (oh, how quickly we forget news in our society today). Good whistle blowers usually do get the boot! Suzanne, you have intestional fortitude! I look up to you. Also, thanks Misty, I appreciate your resolve. Unfortunately, good ole boy politics are still alive and well in Sowal.

Chuckster

Beach Comber
Sep 20, 2007
Yes, I agree. Nice enough?

"if the boot fit's, wear it with pride"....that's what rich uncle Snedly used to say!:lol:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
this thought was posted not that long ago..
"Looks like Blue's buddy Brannon will keep stalling. Tuesday before Thanksgiving ought to be an inconvenient date for many and reports will get buried with holiday news and events.":cool: (oh, how quickly we forget news in our society today). Good whistle blowers usually do get the boot! Suzanne, you have intestional fortitude! I look up to you. Also, thanks Misty, I appreciate your resolve. Unfortunately, good ole boy politics are still alive and well in Sowal.

It's not just alive and well in SoWal it's the County as a whole.

I'll answer the question again for all the incompetents who are to lazy or arrogant to go back and look for what I said. Yes, as a matter of fact I do attend BCC meetings. I don't say anything but I listen. I also read and try to decipher fact from fiction as far as our local news reports go.

I also read these web forums (I like Brawlers better than this one because people aren't quite so UPPITY over there) and don't have the attitude that because they attend all the meetings and rub elbows and noses with the BCC that they are better than and/or more informed than anyone else. They aren't quite so arrogant in their disdain for folks that don't share their personal views either.

What irritates me is the UPPITY folks who want this bridge at any cost that won't address the letter from the County Admin to the DOT that effectively brokered the deal to build the bridge. This was a lie and a scam from the get go and this rush to push this through with Dawn Moliterno telling us if we dont do this now, the money will go away never to return was BS. The BS about this being a life or death issue is what it is also....BS!

The DOT has committed to 4 lane 331 regardless of whether or not the County can produce the funds to build the bridge. Get er done! Evacuations can be handled by shutting down the bridge to south bound traffic. If people in the South end choose to stay during a hurricane that's a personal choice and won't change evacuation times regardless, it also won't save lives if wind velocity reaches 45 mph because the bridge will be shut down anyway.

Taxing the people for personal agendas is ridiculous. Making us the highest taxed County in the State ensures that none of the folks currently in office will be re-elected but the damage will have already been done if the tax passes. Like I said before...if I want something I either have to save the money to purchase it or I don't buy it. I don't have the luxury of living above my means and the County should not have the luxury off the backs of the taxpayers either. if this can't be done without taxing or tolling the people of Walton County then by golly we just don't need it done right now.

Last edited:
I have a question that just came to mind. I know that the current BCC can borrow money and obligate future boards to pay it back, but can the current BCC obligate future boards to certain tax rates? If not, what happens if a future board reduces the tax rate? Do the funds to repay the debt then come from the General Fund?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
As I understand it they can not issue a bond, because of that scenerio right there. The voters can vote on the bond which obligates us to the tax. The 1 % that we pay for the garbage is not a bonded tax, the BCC approved that after a non binding referendum failed. As I understand it, that could be removed and we could all start paying for our own garbage. That is as I understand it.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Not at all, but as it is not in my power to move things or delete things I answered a question that was asked.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Not at all, but as it is not in my power to move things or delete things I answered a question that was asked.

Threads being removed or merged tend to cause this. Hard to follow threads on this board anymore...with all the moving and deleting being done round here.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Threads being removed or merged tend to cause this. Hard to follow threads on this board anymore...with all the moving and deleting being done round here.

If you don't like how this site is run, it is a big internet, and you are free to leave. No threads have been deleted in quite awhile. Those that have in the past violated forum rules, or are requested to be deleted by the original poster. Sometimes people post things and regret it later.

Merging and moving threads is standard operating procedure. No reason to have multiple threads on the same topic or in the wrong subforum. That gets confusing and is counterproductive. Quite often we get frantic and accusing messages about someone's thread being deleted when they were simply moved to the appropriate forum or merged to the appropriate thread.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Kurt, I was not implying anything, I was just explaining my rational, no issues with how you run it and appreciate the forum.
Thanks