• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Jeremy Foley was on my s--- list regarding his good friend Zook. He was gracious enough to engage in emails with me about the future of Gator athletics. Thankfully he hired Meyer.

Donovan got back-to-back national championships, and Meyer led the football team to two national championships.

I think Foley got too comfortable. Unfortunately in his profession, it's all about "What have you done for me lately?" Basketball -- Donovan isn't recruiting well or coaching well. Our players aren't fast or big and don't shoot well. Football -- well, it speaks for itself.

Time for some changes.

Just my humble opinion. Hubby agrees.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Football is one thing, but maybe your expectations for basketball are too high. Florida won back-to-back national titles and everyone expects them to be a powerhouse every year now. That may sound reasonable, but think about it this way: That two year period for Florida was only 2 wins better than the current run Butler is on. Florida has been to the elite eight only 4 times in the past 18 years. And those have been the best 18 years of the programs history!

Billy Donovan has taken the program from mediocre to very good.

Football is one thing, but maybe your expectations for basketball are too high. Florida won back-to-back national titles and everyone expects them to be a powerhouse every year now. That may sound reasonable, but think about it this way: That two year period for Florida was only 2 wins better than the current run Butler is on. Florida has been to the elite eight only 4 times in the past 18 years. And those have been the best 18 years of the programs history!

Billy Donovan has taken the program from mediocre to very good.
True, but why can't Billy recruit a team of players like Noah, Horford, Brewer, Green, Hodge, Humphrey, and Richard again?