• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I'm going with the wine at sunset as a favorite tradition. I'll also add getting up real early before everyone else is awake and reading a book at the beach with my coffee/tea and reading on the porch. Fishing is a new tradition (for my sweetie). We always go to George's, get beignets from Flip Flops in the summer, and just added walking to amavida coffee at Rosemary Beach and walking through different communities, old and new, to see the architecture and landscaping. Ah, and another tradition is exploring and making new traditions.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Walking the beach on a foggy morning.
Kayak fishing on the GOM or the Bay.
Sitting on the beach the 4th of July or New Years Eve drinking champagne and watching the fireworks...
Knowing that we live in Paradise and don't have to leave after a week of visiting...

Walking on the dry sand on the beach so I can hear it squeak.

Standing in one spot on the edge of the Gulf and feeling the sand and surf covering my toes in the sand.

Fireworks on NYE. Cooking a Southern menu on New Year's Day and simultaneously enjoying being at the beach.

Dinner at the bar at Borago with the "J" people.

Pizza Bar as soon as we arrive.

Hugs from Cheri.

Muffins and coffee for breakfast at Modica.

Sitting on our porch, eating steamed shrimp from Goatfeathers, and enjoying the view of the Gulf.

Sharing hubby's awesome margaritas with our neighbors and friends.

Red Bar. 'Nuff said.

Stinky's for lunch.

Looking for the eagle at Western Lake (maybe someday we'll see it).

Lobster mac and cheese at Cafe Thirty-A.

Watching our standard poodle Pepper enjoy running on the beach (on a long leash, of course).

Okay, I'm done for now. We have more traditions, but I'm tired of typing.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Kat's Key Lime Pie is my tastiest tradition-after D&K closed we started ordering one from her!

A day at Grayton Beach-we stay in Seagrove and we always drive over to Grayton for at least one day!

Crawfish pot pie at Stinky's.

Buying steamed shrimp from Goatfeathers, fresh bread from Publix and having dinner in our rental on the patio one night.

Rainy morning shopping trip to the outlet mall.

Drive down to Panama City to the slightly skuzzy $1 store for trinkets.

New from last year, dinner at Christianos-drooling now!

Posting daily beach pics of my toes in the sand on facebook to make friends at home jealous, posting daily dinner pics to make friends at home jealous.

Calling my mom (when she's not on a trip with us) to give a daily report of vacation happiness every evening.

Last night of the trip we always have a nice bottle of champagne with a tasty dessert and watch the sun set from the beach.