• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happydays32

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2010
open record requests indicate King scott brannon wants recently hired administrator greg kisela "canned". didn't he have the former walton county public information director fired a few years ago. hail caesar. "the fault is not in the stars, but in ourselves". citizens of rome, i mean walton county it's time to stand up against local yokel tyrants as brannon and his childhood friend sheriff mikkie!!!!

If I remember right he also forced the jail director to "retire" a couple of years ago with the help of his friend, right after the guy got the facility accredited. And I think he forced the last administrator into a transfer back to Public Works and then forced him to "retire." There are more people he has forced out but you get the picture.
Nothing to see here folks, move along.:roll:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
You're right, Idlewind. Nothing to see here folks, move along. You all have a choice in November. You can "retire" him.

Correction Andy, vote them out, ALL of them. And we start the process in August because everyone knows a Democrat cannot be elected in this county. So we have to get them out in the primary.
Festus is right about the former PIO, all he did was tell the paper that Brannon could not speak for the BCC and only had one vote. That was enough to get him canned. It just goes on and on.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I most certainly disagree with your premise that a Democrat cannot be elected to county office. Party affiliation at the local level doesn't make a hoot in most places and I'm sure that is true here as well. Local is not the same as state or federal. I've seen this proved many times in my lifetime but, as always, I could be wrong about here.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I most certainly disagree with your premise that a Democrat cannot be elected to county office. Party affiliation at the local level doesn't make a hoot in most places and I'm sure that is true here as well. Local is not the same as state or federal. I've seen this proved many times in my lifetime but, as always, I could be wrong about here.

Andy, I respectfully disagree, the 'D' next to a candidate's name equates to a skull and crossbones around these parts at this time. For a Democrat to win this seat they have to win TWO battles-the first is proving they are 'not liberal', the second is actually winning the election.

jack S

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2007
actually, that is the best reason to have non party local elections. The election is decided in the primary, and there is always a "D" (real or not) on the ballet to keep us dems from voting! It is the reason we have no voice or representatives in the county.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Andy, I respectfully disagree, the 'D' next to a candidate's name equates to a skull and crossbones around these parts at this time. For a Democrat to win this seat they have to win TWO battles-the first is proving they are 'not liberal', the second is actually winning the election.

Then there is certainly reason to work toward a local ballot that does not reflect party affiliation and forget the primaries. Where I lived previously, party affiliation in city and county races was not expressed on the ballot. It seems to promote better government, IMO.

Annie66

Beach Lover
Mar 21, 2012
Seagrove Beach
Walton County's "leaders" seem to get campaign financing from some intersting sources. Frankly I don't trust elected officials who take money from someone who was indicted for trying to steal $6 million in public education funds.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Annie66, I don't know what you are talking about. I will only say this. An indictment is not a conviction. The last time I looked, one was still innocent until proved guilty in this country, however, you'd never know it by watching what the news media puts out.