• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rick

Beach Comber
Akarin, I started creating sand sculptures years ago in Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard but then moved to Colorado for 35 years, not much sand there and no I didn't think of sculpting snow, (should have :)) I have sculpted sand along many beaches form South Padre Island to Miami including the Keys.

Rick

Beach Comber
Where I've Sculpted in Florida

What other areas in Florida have you created sculptures?

We have created BeachSandSculptures from Pensacola to Bahia Honda in the Keys - all along the Gulf Coast, yet continuously my heart set upon 30A. Where the water is beautiful and the sand is white. In Nov. I was invited to compete at the World Championships of Sand Sculpting at Fort Meyers Beach, in the Semi-Pro Division. "Night Light", the Northern Star with a somewhat nautical theme took 1st Place. 2011 Nov World Night Light Complete tagged 600.jpg

Rick

Beach Comber
Seacrestgirl, You are SOOO Right about a GREAT idea for a family portrait. When the cost of a sand sculpture is split between several families it becomes a very fun idea indeed! Don't forget we teach Sand Sculpting Lessons as well and these too are an opportunity for some great family action photos. Just an idea :)