• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I just heard fresh rumblings that Seaside is about to permanently block access from Grove Street and Forest Street. I know they tried this twice before, but this time they might get their way. Does anyone have any information about this? I'm not sure if they're trying to stop both pedustrians and vehicles, or just vehicles.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Well, I live on Forest Street, just outside of Seaside. About 95% of the traffic in front of my house is from construction trucks and Seaside renters/owners going to and from Seaside (not to mention those folks who "cut through"), so closing the Forest Street entrance wouldn't bother me one bit. It won't happen though.

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I guess that I'm one of your neighbors. It would bother me if they block foot traffic. That would hurt our property values a lot. I did heard this from a very good source, while downing a martini at Cafe 30A last night.

I just heard fresh rumblings that Seaside is about to permanently block access from Grove Street and Forest Street. I know they tried this twice before, but this time they might get their way. Does anyone have any information about this? I'm not sure if they're trying to stop both pedustrians and vehicles, or just vehicles.
If I lived on W. Grove or Forest, I would welcome vehicle traffic being blocked for people who cut through to avoid the 395/30A intersection. I would think foot traffic would be okay, but then I don't live in that neighborhood.

Also if lived on E. Grove and the streets connecting to it, I would want to stop people turning off 30A into that neighborhood to avoid the 395/30A intersection. Dunno how that could be done because it might block people in that neighborhood from using the streets in their own 'hood.

What a mess! Dunno the solutions.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
I hope people aren't using it simply as a cut through to avoid the intersection because the intersection should be much faster even if backed up a little bit. I always creep through old Seagrove out of respect and safety the streets are so narrow. I only go through there when I need to park in the back of Seaside for business or events.

Now the east side of the intersection can get very backed up.

Whatever happened to the roundabout idea?

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Why are people so upset by cars driving down a street? It's a STREET, it literally exists so cars can drive down it!

IMO Seaside homeowners need to spend more time enjoying the beach and less time trying to turn a New Urban community into a gated community.

Watercolor formally stated that street parking spaces can be used by the public, wish Seaside would follow suit instead of catering to spoiled brats.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
You are talking about Seaside HOA which is not catering to spoiled brats, but it might be run by them or curmudgeons?

No Live Music! I heard founder's sister lives in a cottage and likes it quiet. Saw an employee walking around with a decibel meter at Dread Clampitt concert a few weeks ago. He was fretting like he would be sliced up if it got over a certain level.