• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PJJ

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2007
Given the amount of cash invested in the venture and the unlikelihood that it was financed, I'm guessing they get the kinks worked out fairly quickly. Or at least they better.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
yeah- if you can make a better Bloody Mary than Zing Zang bring it on!

JoshandLindsey Jimenez

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2012
Rosemary Beach
We gave Whiskey Brave two chances and both times our food was cold and over cooked. The second time we waited 50 min for our food and we were lied to by our server being told a big party arrived and backed up the kitchen..which never happened. We really wanted to like this place. The rooftop deck is great and 30a is in need of a place like this. We ll give it a month and 1 more chance!!! You hear me WB!

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
We gave Whiskey Brave two chances and both times our food was cold and over cooked. The second time we waited 50 min for our food and we were lied to by our server being told a big party arrived and backed up the kitchen..which never happened. We really wanted to like this place. The rooftop deck is great and 30a is in need of a place like this. We ll give it a month and 1 more chance!!! You hear me WB!

Just out of curiousity, why would you expect this place to be firing on all cylinders less than a month after opening? No restaurant is going to be at peak performance any sooner than two or three months. Let our tourist friends serve as culinary lab rats until maybe May or June, then I think we can go and see what this place really has to offer.

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
The not so good reviews on the board may turn some tourists away.I've eaten at restaurants down there locals have raved about that I hated and I'm not calling them out. Every new place has kinks to work out and surely they will befor bad reviews cause them to close.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Just out of curiousity, why would you expect this place to be firing on all cylinders less than a month after opening? No restaurant is going to be at peak performance any sooner than two or three months. Let our tourist friends serve as culinary lab rats until maybe May or June, then I think we can go and see what this place really has to offer.

I agree with you.

On the other hand it ain't rocket science and amateurs seem to make the same mistakes again and again. It's a mighty big investment not to get off on the right foot.

1. Open at least 2 months before March to work out problems.
2. The shortage of quality food-service labor is well known in SoWal. If you don't start out with a good core you're dead.
3. Plan on losing money at first to gain a reputation of good value for portions / prices.
4. Cater to locals. They tell tourists where to go and keep you alive in the off season.
5. Engage customers directly in the establishment and on forums like this.
6. Have a marketing plan. (why anyone would open without contacting the owner of this website is beyond me.)
7. Have a grand opening and invite community leaders and wine and dine them.

jnealy

Beach Lover
Oct 25, 2011
We've been there twice and had good experiences both times. I'm surprised to hear the negative comments about the burger, because that's what my husband ordered the first time we went, and it was delicious. And that was during the first week they were open! I had a flat bread pizza each time we went, and they were both good. My husband liked the gumbo - I wasn't overly impressed with it, but then again I grew up in New Orleans so I am pretty picky about gumbo. Overall the food is good - not gourmet dining by any means, but solidly good. We had good service both times, and the view from the roof top deck is great. We were happy with it and we will definitely be back!

JoshandLindsey Jimenez

Beach Comber
Feb 20, 2012
Rosemary Beach
I work in the restaurant industry and have opened up several places. If you haven't fixed your food problems in a week you are in trouble. And I think I stated I would give it another chance after 2 less than stellar meals did I not? And don't have your staff lie to customers...not good. Posters who have had a bad experience are entitled to there opinions to good sir...it is up to WB to fix there problems or they will close...not because of bad posts. Understand that....

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We'll give it a try when we're in town. I'm a sucker for comfy chairs on a roof! I think all new restaurants should figure out how places like Stinky's and Liar's Club and George's succeeded in getting off the ground. Unique environment, unique food, consistently good friendly service and special food (not always perfect, but perfect most of the time so that it's easy to cut them some slack every now and then). I hope it all works out great for WB! Is there a happy hour?