• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dragonfly8201

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2012
Going to be selling (make that listing) soon and wondering about seller agent commissions. It has been over 10 years since we sold last, and not in this state, and wonder if things have changed since the "meltdown" and subsequent recession. What is the going rate these days? Is it negotiable? Selling on east end of 30A. :dunno:

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Going to be selling (make that listing) soon and wondering about seller agent commissions. It has been over 10 years since we sold last, and not in this state, and wonder if things have changed since the "meltdown" and subsequent recession. What is the going rate these days? Is it negotiable? Selling on east end of 30A. :dunno:

The going commision rate is 5-6%. Love to help you! Feel free to call or email. I can send over a listing book showing what we offer for our commissions.

Thanks,

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
I have seen several 4% listings lately, 4.8% also seems to be a popular number. If you are selling something that is priced right, is close to the beach or in a very desirable area and is priced 500k plus I would shoot for 4-5%. If you are a lower priced property away from the beach/attractions you will probably be looking at 6%. My .02 cents from looking at listings continually.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
If your goal is to avoid a commission, you can always try FSBO.com. Some companies may offer low commissions, but they probably don't offer many services, and may not sell your property.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
I recall reading that the listing agent only sells the home 80% of the time so really who lists it might not be as important as many thing. whats important is being in the mls so all can see. i know a very successful agent in sowal who just trys to get listing and sits back and lets others do the work and sell it

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Pirate, I'm not sure where you are seeing these low 4 and 4.8% commissions, since that info is not public. My guess is that you are seeing a listing agent posting that they are willing to pay another agent 2% or 2.4% for bringing a buyer. Then, you are doubling that number. While some agent may split the commission equally with the other agents, many may be splitting a different ratio, such as 60/40. If so, what you are thinking is 4% is really 5% and what you think is 4.8% is really 6%, but unless you see the HUD, one cannot know know what the brokerage is for a particular property.

dragonfly8201

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2012
Thanks everyone for the input. Met with the agent we decided to list with, who took under 6% before we even asked.