• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jeanne17

Beach Comber
Apr 10, 2012
Been vacationing in the Florida Panhandle since I was born (literally, as my grandparents lived on the bay in Destin).

Over the years, we've stayed at some many cool places from Navarre to Mexico Beach and all points in between. Over the last ten years or so, my husband and I seem to just not be able to stay gone longer than a month at a time - any excuse we get we hop in the car and drive to the beach. We spend a week in the summer, a week the day after Christmas, and then 7 or 8 long weekends peppered throughout the rest of the year. So......we finally took the plunge and decided to buy our own "second home". Scheduled to close on the 26th - SO excited!!! It's a humble condo, but really in a fantastic area I think (Pinnacle Port, in Carillon Beach, next to Camp Helen). Really like the location because it's SO close to 30-A (we couldn't afford beachfront on 30-A, lol). We've been down twice in the last 3 weeks and didn't go into PCB once (technically Pinnacle Port is *in* PCB, but it doesn't feel like it). When we weren't on the beach, we were happily playing on 30-A - eating breakfast in Seacrest or shopping in Rosemary or hanging out at the art fest in Watercolor. I'm just beside myself with excitement that I will finally own my own place - now.....to figure out a way to move here fulltime.......lol!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! Also, we're going to be doing some very basic remodeling (nothing fancy, just new floors, new paint, redoing the kitchen cabinets, that sort of thing). Any recommendations on local, affordable but reputable contractors is greatly appreciated!!!

Jeanne

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
WOW...........Lucky You!!!