• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
I'm trying to cut the cable bill! (MEDIACON!!).... can't find anywhere that lists the stations I can get with a well positioned antenna. Anyone doing this? What stations do you get?? I would love to hear- and thank you in advance!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Back in the day (and I mean a long time ago) you could get channel 7 and channel 13 from PC, but a little bit fuzzy, and channel 4 Dothan came in just fine. Cable TV is about as necessary as gasoline in modern day life.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
No idea on stations, but you can get free DVDs and videos at the library.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
My sister lives on Jolly Bay and only has an antenna. She receives 7,13 out of PC and 4 out of Dothan. She also receives PBS and about 4 other channels. She rents movies through Netflix and seems to be happy with her adequate antenna service. It would be worth a try, I think.

pennstater

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
NJ/Inlet Beach
If you haven't already done this, you could get rid of just the cable box(es) and tune the unscrambled signals directly on your TV. Just go with the lowest cost basic service. I believe this will save some money.

Before Mediacom carried HD, I used an antenna to receive HDTV in Seagrove Beach. I was able to receive all networks except FOX with an indoor antenna. Go to antennaweb.org for help. Of course for OTA you will need a TV with a built-in digital tuner or an external tuner/converter for older analog TVs.

Last edited:

indianapolice

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2011
I have a home near 30A in Blue Mtn Beach and have tried and tried to come up with a solution to cut out (mediacomm) but with a metal roof it seems we just cant find any type antenna that will pick up TV stations. At this point we are stuck subscribing to mediacomm :sosad: Has anyone found a solution or an outside antenna that solves this problem?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Between there and about Navarre is effectively an over-the-air dead zone. For a long time, cable companies were supposed to offer some sort of 'lifeline basic' service that's like local networks, WGN/TBS and a couple shopping channels. I'd call Mediacom directly to see if it's an available option yet because they probably won't list that kind of thing on their web page.

kdp4th

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2006
Duluth
If you have internet you can use a Roku player and net flix and or Hulu. No locals, but lots of TV to choose from.

indianapolice

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2011
Contacted Mediacomm - no luck on any "lifeline" service - they said their cheapest package in this area is 29.99 monthly