• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Thanks, All. And Allifunn, knowing there are fresh pastries at Fonville Press brings happy tears to my eyes. I'll see you there (with my sweetie) the weekend of April 20. Hope to see you soon.

Hmmmm.....perhaps I'll see you, Paula!!:wave:

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Am so glad to hear that Fonville Press gets things from Bon Appetit French Bakery and Cafe because they are the best anywhere around. Their pastries are top notch. They bake fresh French Bread and croissants daily. The best thing about the bread is that they both freeze very well.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
You'll be there at the same time! Great. Haven't seen you in years. Maybe we can all meet at Fonville press for French pastries and coffee that weekend. We're thinking maybe Friday morning (I'll be with my sweetie who proposed to me last Sunday - at the coffee shop - Espresso Royale -- where we first met a few years ago!). He put the ring and a sweet note in a coffee cup while we were reading the Sunday papers. So, we're very fond of coffee shops, especially ones that have great pastries.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
We tried Charlie's Donut Truck and were really disappointed. Can't think of the name of it but there is a dive place down front beach road heading toward Panama City. On the left and they have the best donuts. Burgers are good too but they are closed 1 day a week. Check it out. A little bit of a drive but worth it.

Thomas's Donuts. They are right down (east) of Carousel Grocery Store. Best donuts around and if you are real lucky they might have warm apple fritters! Just ask how much each item costs and do your math! They are usually closed on Wednesdays.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
(I'll be with my sweetie who proposed to me last Sunday - at the coffee shop - Espresso Royale -- where we first met a few years ago!). He put the ring and a sweet note in a coffee cup while we were reading the Sunday papers. So, we're very fond of coffee shops, especially ones that have great pastries.

What a great story! Congrats Paula!!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I have fresh pastries at Fonville Press. I have them brought in from Bon Appetite in Ft Walton. Boskin is a French pastry chef. Chocolate croissants (to die for!), Ham & gureyere croissants, spinach and feta croissants and plain croissants. Paula....let me know when you will be here and I'll make sure I save some for you!!

This is great news. Love chocolate croissants and this is just down the road from us in Seacrest. See you soon.

Last edited:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
We tried Charlie's Donut Truck and were really disappointed. Can't think of the name of it but there is a dive place down front beach road heading toward Panama City. On the left and they have the best donuts. Burgers are good too but they are closed 1 day a week. Check it out. A little bit of a drive but worth it.

This place has to die for eclairs.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Paula!!! That is awesome!!!! :love: DD....please do try to come into Fonville whith Paula one day! Minnie and Tis...look forward to seeing you! I get the pastries from Bon Appetite on Thurs, and usually gone by Sunday. Today I am getting croissants (plain, ham & swiss, spinach & feta and chocolate) I am also getting his blueberry scones, cranberry scones and cherry danishes.

Rbsilvey

Beach Crab
Dec 5, 2011
Unfortunately its not on 30A but I am opening a bakery/neopolitan pizzeria. We will be making croissants of many flavors, baguettes, loaves, boules, morning sticky buns, international sandwiches and wood fired pizzas. All from scratch in house using organic ingredients, and local produce whenever possible. We have Christina (the cheese lady from seaside farmers market) making her cheeses in house. Crust Artisan Bakery is located across 98 from Bayou Bills. The same shops where Fabrice's used to be. Opening next week. I look forward to meeting everyones bakery needs.