• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
THE ANNIKA FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES COUNTRY MUSIC STAR DARIUS RUCKER AS CONCERT HEADLINER AT ANNIKA & FRIENDS AT SANDESTIN GOLF & BEACH RESORT

Annika_and_Friends.jpg
Annika is the greatest female golfer of our generation and often regarded as the best of all time. Her Hall of Fame career changed the way women’s golf is played, viewed and covered. Now, her passions include her family, her Foundation, her businesses, cooking and wine. The inaugural ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort will combine each aspect of her career and life while benefiting children in Florida and in communities across America.

ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort will take place May 12-13, 2012 at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, nestled along the Emerald Coast in Destin, Florida, with golf played on the Raven Golf Club, designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr.

All proceeds from ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort will benefit the ANNIKA Foundation, which teaches children the importance of living a healthy, active lifestyle through fitness and nutrition, and offers aspiring junior golfers opportunities to pursue their dreams.

The ANNIKA Foundation has partnered with SPARK, the leading physical education program for children in schools, to implement SPARK in all Florida elementary schools. Proceeds from ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort will provide funding for the implementation of SPARK in selected elementary schools in Northwest Florida and across the state.

On Saturday, May 12, ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort will kick off with a wine reception and dinner party. On Sunday, May 13, the day will begin with a Mother’s Day breakfast with Annika, followed by a golf clinic at the Raven Golf Club Practice Facility, conducted by Annika and celebrities. Golf will be played afterward at Sandestin’s Raven Golf Club. The celebrity tournament will consist of 26 teams of four amateurs. Each will be paired with a prominent celebrity, LPGA player, PGA Tour player or a team sports star and compete for great prizes.

As an extra-special ending to the festivities, ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort will feature a concert by Darius Rucker, a top country star who led one of the best pop/rock bands of the 1990s, Hootie and the Blowfish. He is now topping the country music charts as a solo artist. The concert will be held on the beautiful North Park lawn at Grand Boulevard at Sandestin on Sunday, May 13 at 7 p.m.
** LOOK FOR OUR EVENT WEBSITE--COMING SOON! ** The ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort event website, www.ANNIKAandFriends.com, will go live November 1, 2011.

Darius.jpg

** TICKETING ** Tickets to the Darius Rucker concert will go on sale December 1, 2011 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased by going to www.ANNIKAandFriends.com and clicking on “Buy Tickets.”

** EVENT SCHEDULE **

Saturday, May 12
  • 6 – 7:00 p.m. Wine tasting and hors d’oeuvres reception with Annika, celebrities and sports stars at Elation Lawn at the Grand Sandestin Hotel
  • 7 – 8:30 p.m. ANNIKA & Friends Dinner at the Grand Sandestin Hotel
  • 8:30 – 11:00 p.m. Draw Party, private concert and dancing
Sunday, May 13
  • 9 – 10:00 a.m. Mother’s Day Breakfast with Annika
  • 10 – 11:00 a.m. ANNIKA & Friends Golf Clinic at Raven Golf Club
  • 11:00 a.m. Pro-am shotgun start at Raven Golf Club
  • 4:00 p.m. Awards reception at Raven Golf Club
  • 5:00 p.m. VIP reception hosted by Fleming’s at Grand Boulevard
  • 7 – 10:00 p.m. Concert by Darius Rucker and others at Grand Boulevard

SoWal.com
is a proud sponsor ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin.

Last edited:

racy_t

Beach Comber
May 26, 2008
Hi - Do you know if they are taking volunteers for this event like the did in the Boeing Tourney?

Also did you know that a local HS Girls team won the State Golf Champions title this year? This would be great opportunity & event to get them to attend or involved in if they are really interested in 'aspiring junior golfers':)

Tracy

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Hi - Do you know if they are taking volunteers for this event like the did in the Boeing Tourney?

Also did you know that a local HS Girls team won the State Golf Champions title this year? This would be great opportunity & event to get them to attend or involved in if they are really interested in 'aspiring junior golfers':)

Tracy

Hello! For Volunteer opportunities::

Please email info@monarkevents.com with the heading Volunteer for ANNIKA & Friends.Thanks!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Tony Dovolani from "Dancing With The Stars" on ABC will be joining us at ANNIKA & Friends at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort!

Salsa Dancing with Tony Dovolan
blog by Annika Sorenstam 4/12/12

What a way to start the day! My Thursday started out as usual, with a visit to my friends at the Golf Channel for an appearance on the Morning Drive. The next thing I knew, I was doing the Salsa with Tony Dovolani from “Dancing With The Stars!” Not exactly my typical morning![/FONT]​
It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to hosting Tony next month at ANNIKA & Friends, the ANNIKA Foundation’s signature event in 2012, with all proceeds going toward helping my Foundation implement SPARK PE programs in Northwest Florida elementary schools. I hope you can join us and don’t forget your dancing shoes!

Enjoy the video: http://bit.ly/IydwjQ!

MD_TonyDovolani_Annika_0211-200x300.jpg
]

Last edited:

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
We just found out that The Shadowboxers, Coldwater Jane, and Richie Law will open for Darius Rucker!

The Wall Street Journal is now saying that The "Forrest Williams Band, Blue Ribbon Healers and The Shadowboxers with special guest, Geoff McBride" will be playing. Any way you look at it, this is going to be a fantastic event! WSJ story