• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
what are binary options? I'm not a teacher but i've traded options all my life and i've never heard that term

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
what are binary options? I'm not a teacher but i've traded options all my life and i've never heard that term
Maybe you know them as "all-or-nothing options" or "digital options"?

They're options where the two possible outcomes are a fixed amount or nothing.

Example: I buy a binary option for common shares of X company with a strike price of $25/share and payoff of $250. There is also a set maturity/expiration time. If the shares are trading above $25 at that time, I get the $250. If not, I get nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
interesting i've been trading options and stocks full time for 21 yrs and never heard of them. i read there new. so how do they work? you bet $100 a stock will close above or below a certain strike? i was justloaded with apple puts. i played the juice way out of the money a few on them tripled. give me an example of a trade and what you pay or can loseand at what prices you win or lose and what the stock price was when you bought

Its nothing to do with prices....You simply Call or Put...its in 15 min expiries, and you bet 100.00 on a 78% return on either at the end of the expiry. so if you bet 100.00 and you choose it will be up when it expires then you will profit of 78.00...but you can bid either up or down...using 5 min charts to choose the trend.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
just when you think you have it figured out this game will put you on your knees. i never buy an option of less than 6 months out and usually 1 yr out. scaling in pts in apple long dated out saved my skin as it took months to collapse. give mean example of bidding 12 times and getting hit on 9?what were you bidding on and what strikes. when do the options expire?

go here and you'll see the platform I am using. www.vipbinary.com. The one I use is the 15 minute expirey. You can also choose if you want to do the 60 sec. I like the 15 min. though cause it gives me a few minutes to see if I can figure out the trends.

EXAMPLE: Friday...I bid 12 times at whether or not a stock will put or call, or go up or down in that expirey, which like I said I like the 15 min. expirey. Now I am still building my funds so I only bid 25.00 per position. I was right at the Expirey time and was in the money UP or Down 9 out of 12 bids. I made 130 before 2:000 and never left the house. Had I put 100.00 bids I would have made 710.00 roughly. This platflorm usually pays back 70-78%. EI: you place 100.00 bid win and get 178.00 back, in 15 minutes. not hours or months.

Supposedly 38 people in Santa Rosa Beach making and awesome living doing this.

Last edited:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
so lloyd your telling me you're making bets on wether a particular stk will be up or down in 15 min time frames?so can you bet on any stock? so your profit or lose is known ahead of time. can you do any stock or index. so i can do apple all day long. there obviously a built in commission. so i pull up apple the stocks $575. so i pick a put or call wether the stk will be up above $575 or below $75 and bet $100 and either win $78 or lose? who told you all these people in santa rosa are winning? thats the ultimate gambling i've ever seen. your only way to possibly win is to wait till a stock skys or tanks and do a contrarian trade. the attraction is you don't need much money to play so its addicting like the slot machines